RE5 to PC in 3D

200 Clams. -_-

This stuff might get popular in the future and the price will hopefully drop. It SOUNDS very cool, but until actually seeing it in person I'm definately on the fence about the 3d stuff.

The game is great if you decide to get into the 3d stuff or not though. >_<

Oh, and some sites like fileplanet have a benchmark program to let you know if your comp is up to speed for RE5.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

I hope we get A) Fast, responsive controls B) A proper inventory system. I know the devs claimed they nerfed it to make the game harder, but that is such a fundamentally flawed way to achieve challenge that its borderline insane. A game can be hard, but it should never be hard to play the game. Meaning; make the game more challening, dont make it harder for the player by gimping the way he interacts with the game.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Guest PoziomyPion

They won't butcher the PC version, because it uses MT Framework Engine, the game will be properly adapted for PCs just like Devil May Cry 4 and Lost Planet. Besides you can download the benchmark, it shows how well this game looks, shame my laptop dies when I run it :).

As for the inventory, you can assign weapons to d-pad so you won't have to enter the inventory to select a gun.

EDIT: in the PC version inventory slots will be assigned to numbers on keyboard (from 1 to 9) for easier inventory access.

Edited by PoziomyPion

Yeah, but only 4 of the 9 slots can be accessed that way. Up-down-left-right. There were other issues with it aswell, that arent as fresh in my mind. I dont think it allowed you to stack similar items, for instance. Bottom line: it was alot clumsier than it had to be.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

This stuff might get popular in the future and the price will hopefully drop. It SOUNDS very cool, but until actually seeing it in person I'm definately on the fence about the 3d stuff.

They had a demo for it at my local Frys. It's neat, but not 200 bucks neat.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

RE4's PC port was hilarious (they kept the gamecube controller prompts) so excuse me if I don't have high hopes.

It just blows my mind that they were actually lazy enough not to change the ****ing button prompts to whatever keyboard keys you were using. Isn't that one of the easiest things to do in a port of a game? Getting the damned thing to work on PC sounds like the hard part. Nearly ruined the game for me the first time I had to run from a huge boulder and I died about 15 times because I couldn't figure out which ****ing button to push. Not only that, but instead of using the gamecube in game cinematics, they used the PS low quality movie cutscenes AND they didn't include mouse support.

People rag on EA all the time, but it takes a special case of ahole publisher to do that to such a beloved game's port.

RE4 was so awesome that I was able to overlook those horrible flaws though.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

A lot of times, they will outsource the conversion to some dodgy asian/eastern europe outfit that will only do whats absolutely essential to make it run on windows. That way you get ports that are not just un-optimized, but ports that require massive amounts of computing power for the simplest thing. And then you have stuff like forgetting to remove framerate caps so the game will lag along at 25-30fps no matter how monstrous a computer you run it on.

A lot of times, they will outsource the conversion to some dodgy asian/eastern europe outfit that will only do whats absolutely essential to make it run on windows.

Precisely what happened with RE4 PC version. I remember reading it was outsourced to some unknown chinese firm and the end result didn't support mouse controls or bloom effects.

Guest PoziomyPion

I must say this game is really well optimized, it runs about 30fps average on my laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz, Vista 32 bit, GeForce 8600M GT 256MB (Overclocked), 2GB RAM) with settings set all to high except shadows, those are on medium, 4xAA and with no v-sync and motion blur.

Edited by PoziomyPion

Every recent Capcom PC game is pretty brilliantly optimized. Actually, I'd even say that between DMC4, SF4 and RE5, RE is the less efficient of the lot, regardless of it running great.

By the way, I was very impressed by the wasteland aestethic on show in the benchmark. Much better realized than Fallout 3, for example.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Guest PoziomyPion

In terms of visuals the difference is marginal(lightning is better in DX10 mode), but as you said the framerate seems to be higher on some configurations when running DX10 benchmark and it's more stable.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,690313/...rison/Practice/

^This is a comparision between DX9 and DX10 mode on RE5PC.

From what I understand the DX10 mode is ONLY for those using the 3d glasses.

Nope, you can run DX10 version even if you don't have 3D glassess and other things required to run game in 3D mode.

Edited by PoziomyPion