Game not running on computer

So I just recently bought a new dell from staples. I've had KOTOR2 for quite some time, but it wouldn't run on my laptop. I mean it would, but it would be really freezy and laggy so I couldn't enjoy it. When I first installed the game it took some time for it to run. It installed fine and everythign, then whenever I tried to play it it would just say "star wars has quit playing, windows can not find a solution blah blah". This would occur right after I pressed GAME on the pop up menu when you load the disc. So the game never started. Then finally the game started running, but I forgot what I did to get it to run. I think I updated my BIOS. Anyway, this computer is new so I didn't know if I needed to update the bios, or if it would be that out of date. The game says the I have all the required parts to play it, it just won't run at all... any ideas? Thanks a lot

What are your specs? Do you have an intel chipset and/or Vista?

I have Vista. I saw the sticky about vista and tried to do waht it said but it didn't make sense to me. It said to go to my computer and then go to system and right click properties. There was nothing that said system, and under properties of the start up disc for the game it had nothing about booting it under Windows 2000 or anythign else. and now a new problem has occured.. I can't even get the start up disc to start. I uninstalled it and now the disc won't even run. I click on it and I hear the motor running but nothing pops up.

Ok so I figured it out and installed it under Windows 2000 and everything. Now the part where it says to download the file and provides the link, the link doesnt work. It just says we can not process your blah blah blah. Is something wrong with the link or is it the site or what?

So I figured out that if I go and disable sound before I run the game it will run. There is just one problem with that.... it disables the sound. Is there anyway to turn the sound back on after I disable it before I run the game?

You need to download the Mss32.dll file as instructed in the Vista "how to". If the link provided in the post doesn't work, then just search FileFront for the file, it is very easy to find. Just make sure you get the one that is version 3.0.0.0, the game comes with version 6.6.7.0. Yes, you need to get an older version of the file, the newer doesn't get along with Vista.

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg