Need a new drug....

Arkan

....And I ain't talkin Cheerios.

I need a new game for my PC. I just finished COD4. I want something in the RPG genre, I guess...though it doesn't have to be.

Was thinking about The Witcher....thoughts?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Oooh...Maybe Mass Effect?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Having a lot of fun with GTA IV.

For PC? GTA was never really my cup o' tea.

360. I'd probably have to crank the graphics down for the PC version. The physics in the game are groundbreaking. Never seen anything quite like them. Add everything up and its one of the most complete games I've ever played.

It certainly isn't for anyone, but if you've moderately enjoyed any game in the series I can't recommend it enough.

Have you tried Fallout 3 yet? It should keep you busy for a year.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

it's pretty good. not great though. really linear and can get redundant.

dude. no.

Fallout 3

do your brain a favor and just....don't.

It should keep you busy for a year.

hahaha, whaaaat? *belly laughing* no really...whaaaaat?? i mean, sure i suppose if you enjoy the whole LARPy exploration simulation and playing dress up with your character. then i guess you could play a game like that forever. if you want a cRPG which is actually interesting though, try Fallout, Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate 2, NWN:MOTB, Arcanum, Deus Ex or Planescape. i'm hard-pressed to think of anything better since the days beyond Zork. ahhhh, screw it...just go and play Zork.

Mass Effect makes your tax returns seem fast-paced and exciting.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I've had a blast with Fallout 3 and the good has definately outweighed the bad. If you are thinking about getting it and don't have it already read the reviews and watch some gameplay vids before deciding. Same with any game really.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I saw you in the Fallout 3 spoiler forum so I guess you already have it.

I enjoyed Mass Effect for what it was, a sci-fi action RPG. It has more skills than be counted on one hand (glares at Jade Empire), so thats atleast something... right? :thumbsup:

I really can't think of any decent CRPGs out right now (besides F3 & Mass Effect). Hope Alpha Protocol hits shelves soon.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

....And I ain't talkin Cheerios.

I need a new game for my PC. I just finished COD4. I want something in the RPG genre, I guess...though it doesn't have to be.

Get yourself a zelda game...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Unless you are chronically grumpy then The witcher, Mass Effect and Fallout 3 are all good games that are worth playing.

They are all good games but for different reasons. That is, unless your litmus test for RPGs is 'Is this almost exactly like a game I played ten years ago?' they are good games.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Unless you are chronically grumpy then The witcher, Mass Effect and Fallout 3 are all good games that are worth playing.

That's me.

Although I actually liked Fallout 3. Then again, I'm not a fan of the original Fallouts so it probably explains why.

As for the original question, just download a load of NWN2 mods, the Conan ones are good fun.

sonsofgygax.JPG

The Witcher is good but it is a horrible grind-fest. I have been wandering through the same areas for hours and hours, killing respawning enemies just to level up.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I didnt think Witcher was half bad actually. I played the enhanced edition though, and that apparently has alot of improvements over the initial release. I definently dont remember it being anywhere near a grind-feast, like ramza says. Id take it over Oblivion or NWN2 any day.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah, I have played FO3 to death a lot. I'll probably get all the expansions when they're bundle released. I've played all those old games mentioned to death as well, hehe.

I've heard good things about both Mass Effect and The Witcher, so that's why I asked. I've never played a BIO game that I didn't like, other than NWN overall. I'm not really into fan made stuff, so NWN2 is pretty much out, as the latest expansion didn't sound interesting at all.

I saw Prototype in the store for PC today, would that be worth picking up? I know it's not an RPG, but still. How about that new Ghostbusters game? :D

What about not-so-new games? Wasn't there some Fantasy FPS RPG type deal recently? Not Oblivion. Was it Gothic 3? A Might and Magic game? How were they?

Speaking of Oblivion, I heard the expansions for that were pretty good. Thoughts?

You can't go wrong with Pokemon. Just saying.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Overlord 2 was fun. Though the story wasn't as good as the first one.

I'm enjoying Mirror's Edge right now. It's a racing game for people who don't like racing games.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm enjoying Mirror's Edge right now. It's a racing game for people who don't like racing games.

Explain.