While looking at the new Dev Diary and the walkthrough video, I noticed that the skill bars for various talents were different lenghts. In Matt's walkthrough, his martial arts, shotgun, and assault rifle bars extended well past the others, while in the new diary they were all uniform in lenght. I'm curious as to whether or not we will be able to select specific skills that can be extended beyond their normal ranges, or if certain skills get boosted depending upon which "class" you choose?

Opinions are the root of all evil.

While looking at the new Dev Diary and the walkthrough video, I noticed that the skill bars for various talents were different lenghts. In Matt's walkthrough, his martial arts, shotgun, and assault rifle bars extended well past the others, while in the new diary they were all uniform in lenght. I'm curious as to whether or not we will be able to select specific skills that can be extended beyond their normal ranges, or if certain skills get boosted depending upon which "class" you choose?

Currently the plan is to let you choose three, or you can choose a "class" and have three that play together well chosen for you.

Matthew Rorie

Currently the plan is to let you choose three, or you can choose a "class" and have three that play together well chosen for you.

If a class is a pre-made character that can be tweaked this would be a good idea. That way players who are going to play for the first time can be sure they will not have any balance issues playing with those classes.

Hmm, I'm confused. Is this the current aptitude at the skill, or the upper limit?

Edited by Cl_Flushentityhero

Hmm, I'm confused. Is this the current aptitude at the skill, or the upper limit?

The upper limit. So before you specialize, all of your skills have a max rank of 10. After you specialize, that goes up to 15 for three of the nine skills.

Matthew Rorie