What are you playing now

Gorth

I dont know what it is with people and games like Fallout 3, Halo 3, Call of Duty series, World of Warcraft, etc. Maybe just me, but I dont know. Anyway, playing Monster Jam: Urban Assault.

What is it with them?

Somehow, I always knew I'd piss someone off by saying that. Theres nothing wrong with the games, except I think Halo 3, Call of Duty, and World of Warcraft are some of the most over-rated games ever made. Fallout 3 is okay, just not a game I'd like to be sitting on my wretched ass playing all damn day.

I'm not pissed, just not clear on what you were talking about.

been playing a little Batman Arkham Asylum DEMO off of STEAM

... Its actually decent. I like it. Its a bit simplified but i love the atmosphere of the game. I recommend checking it out! :)

Yeah, I tried the demo as well and it was very fun. The voice acting is top notch and the atmosphere is great.

The game is a little simple, but I don't think that will necessarily detract. I thought the combat, stealth and strategy aspects were all really well put together. Plus hanging upside down from a gargoyle statue and then pouncing on an unsuspecting baddie was cool.

I can't wait to explore the entire Asylum complex and fight the famous Batman villains.

VtM:B arrived in the post, so I'm playing that at present. Just got to Santa Monica and as far as the Asylum. Fun enough so far, though I find the body animations a little distractingly... silly-looking at times. Dialogue is well-written, though if there's a way to skip it I've missed it, which is going to make reloads a bit annoying, I suspect.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

... Its actually decent. I like it. Its a bit simplified but i love the atmosphere of the game. I recommend checking it out! :)

I loved it, but it was kinda small >.>

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

VtM:B arrived in the post, so I'm playing that at present. Just got to Santa Monica and as far as the Asylum. Fun enough so far, though I find the body animations a little distractingly... silly-looking at times. Dialogue is well-written, though if there's a way to skip it I've missed it, which is going to make reloads a bit annoying, I suspect.

Get the fanpatch if you haven't, it fixes a ton of bugs. I think you can skip the dialog by left or right clicking.

Get the fanpatch if you haven't, it fixes a ton of bugs. I think you can skip the dialog by left or right clicking.

I think that only hides the text so you can better watch the cleavages. Spacebar is the skip I believe.

trying to get back into any of the couple hundred games i own, but to be frank i remember them all to well, so im bored out of my mind. Considering my wife made me sell all my guns, and i have been forced to quit drinking because of rage issues, my life has gotton dull to the point of madness. My largests attempts at getting back into games has been

Sword of the stars

BG1+BG2

NWN+NWN2

Hinterlands orc lords(save your money)

Halo1,2,3,wars

Kingdom under fire crusaders

Oblivion

Dawn of war

the witcher

hellgate london

oblivion

black and white 2

KotoR 1,2

Suikoden1-5

This list only entails the last couple of months otherwise it would make you sick with some of garbage ive tried

I kinda liked it too. Really makes Batman feel vulnerable, but at the same time like a badass which is a good thing. I don't think it will be an immediate purchase for me though. I have too much on my plate right now and it hasn't knocked off any of the other dishes. :ermm:

I thought "Arkham Asylum" was something from H.P. Lovecraft.

Still playing Darkstar One.. made a decent surge in the main storyline but the end still seems a million lightyears away -literally.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Still playing Darkstar One.. made a decent surge in the main storyline but the end still seems a million lightyears away -literally.

Yeah those damn DC comic people just took stuff straight from Lovecraft, bastards. And Arkham was a town, damn it!

Yeah those damn DC comic people just took stuff straight from Lovecraft, bastards. And Arkham was a town, damn it!

Was there ever a Batman vs Chtulu crossover comic?

Was there ever a Batman vs Chtulu crossover comic?

I hope not, but who knows?

I know! The Doom that Came to Gotham is an Elseworld (non-continuity) story about Bruce Wayne confronting the awesome*, inhuman monstrosity that caused his parents' death.

It was written by the creator of Hellboy, IIRC, and was quite good.

* A word that have been severely degraded since Lovecraft

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Playing Far Cry 2... and it sucks. Remember when I said Half-life 2 was boring? I take that back. Far Cry 2 is the most boring FPS I've found.

Fire is useless, it just putters out after a while and never really kills anything. The characters speak like they've gone overdose on caffeine while still managing to be completely uninteresting or unique, the whole buddy system is ridiculous and the constant guard posts... no comment. Worse part is there's no SDK to edit all these bad design choices out.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Playing Far Cry 2... and it sucks. Remember when I said Half-life 2 was boring? I take that back. Far Cry 2 is the most boring FPS I've found.

Fire is useless, it just putters out after a while and never really kills anything. The characters speak like they've gone overdose on caffeine while still managing to be completely uninteresting or unique, the whole buddy system is ridiculous and the constant guard posts... no comment. Worse part is there's no SDK to edit all these bad design choices out.

Just seeing the different ways the main dude "heals" himself is worth the ~$20 it costs nowadays.

There is a map editor if I'm not mistaken.

The Map Editor only makes multiplayer maps.

Although I have to agree the healing system and pretty much all the animation is top notch. Pretty immersive too.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The Map Editor only makes multiplayer maps.

Although I have to agree the healing system and pretty much all the animation is top notch. Pretty immersive too.

I remember really collecting those damn diamonds to get my revolver grenade launcher, but the explosions felt like throwing firecrackers :lol:

I quit somewhere around the second map, the missions got too repetitive.

Edited by Purkake