What are you playing now

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Managed to put in 15 minutes of Dead Space the other day. Haven't managed to get out of the crashed rescue ship yet :)

Too much work, too little gaming time at the moment.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've been playing Mass Effect again, and ironically its a lot better when you skip all the dialogue and lower the difficulty. Blasting through enemies is fun.

Dunno. Once you get access to Spectre gear and/or acquire Colossus armor, the game becomes easy mode on any difficulty.

I found that it was at about level 20 that everything started to get much easier. By that time you had enough skill points to unlock your abilities that you could just keep spamming them to keep the enemy down. There were some exceptions like the rogue VI and it's hordes of rocket drones, but depending on your party, even 3-4 Krogan were easy enough to take down at that level.

By the time you get weapons and armor with additional upgrade slots, its insultingly easy.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

been playing a bit of BG2 lately as well

currently:

Me (Inquisitor)

Jan

Jaheira

Nalia

in every previous play through that i've used Jan i've used him primarily as a mage

this time i'm playing round a bit more with his thieving skills

trap+resting = crazily overpowered

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'm well underway on my BG1 play through. I just finished up the mines and I've been wandering the country look for stuff to do. I've never gone much beyond the story areas before so I'm doing a lot more exploring this time. Mostly around level 3 now so I've got enough HP that I don't go down to 1 or 2 lucky hits anymore although those Black Talon Elites are still really nasty. Ran into three of them and their ice arrows and decided that running away was probably a wise idea.

Current party is:

Myself (Fighter, will eventually dual to cleric in BG2)

Minsc

Imoen

Kivan

Branwen

Dynaheir

I need to pick up a couple magic weapons so that I can stop having my maces shatter in my hands after every third fight. I've gone through at least a dozen of them so far.

I also have Larry, Darryl and Darryl's autographs.

I've never played the computer version of The Settlers, but the board game is quite fun ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

pic

Call me old fashioned, but the original Settlers 2 is far superior to the 10th anniversary version.

Indeed it is. And my father agrees as well. He played them so much that i had no choice but to play outside. xD

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Always a bit of Chessmaster

Just started Spellforce 2

Just Started Myst 3 (just completed Riven & Prey)

Still on the last fight in Sacrifice

A bit of Loki

Redneck Rides again (middle of the game)

and RagDoll Kung-Fu (with my custom Vault-Boy skin :- )

Next in line:

Jagged Aliance 2

Dawn of War 2

Gothic 2

Edited by Gizmo

I need to pick up a couple magic weapons so that I can stop having my maces shatter in my hands after every third fight. I've gone through at least a dozen of them so far.

Is that a mod? I dont remember weapon degrdation / breakage in any of the BG's.

Due to the iron crisis in BG1, normal weapons have a chance of breaking in combat. There is a mod that gives the enemy a chance to have their weapons break as well. If you never experienced it yourself, you must have simply gotten lucky.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Red Faction III.

It's actually pretty fun, Different from the original in that you're outside on basically a red version of earth, and they have happily ignored the second red faction (which was... interesting). It's really fun to take a building out with your Sledge by knocking out the main supports and then watch it crash to the ground. Or set up some remote charges on a bridge, lead the enemies under it (or across) and detonate it causing them to die from the rubble.

Only thing that's a little odd is the driving physics.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Playing ARMA2.

I must say its Mass COOP multiplayer campaign can be either an extremely frustrating experience or a OMG WOW AWESOME MOARGASM experience depending if you play with equally like minded people. The latter being described as one of the best Coop experience ever with other 30+ dudes to play with.

I think that if you finish Nashkell mines quickly you're spared from most of that. Or i just remember wrong.

I'm almost positive that finishing the mines quickly limits the effects, but doesn't remove them. I'm just glad I didn't install the mod that increases the effect to include armour and shields. That could get painful.