a link to win XP SP1 please...?

i need SP1 because i have been told that newer service packs are what are causing my kotor2 to freeze at the error after character creation thing. and yes, i have confirmed i have SP3. could anyone post a direct link to a place that allows downloads of SP1? preferably a page with a link to download said SP. i really want to play my kotor 2. :)

What version was your Windows when you bought it? Retail/OEM? If it was an older version, you should be able to roll it back, but I am not sure where you get from that it is SP3 that is the cause of your problem. From personal experience, I played Kotor2 for more than half a year with SP3 with no problems. Vista on the other hand... seems to hate Bink players :)

As for posting links to anything but the official Microsoft downloads, that is a big no-no that gets people in trouble.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Windows XP Service Pack 1a - Via Microsoft :)

EDIT:

As for posting links to anything but the official Microsoft downloads, that is a big no-no that gets people in trouble.

Are legal mirrors of unaltered files ok*? I assume you were talking about versions that would work with pirated versions of windows, something the official ones would not do if I remember correctly, and I can understand that. However, if you were talking about other sites that have the original, unaltered files I would like some clarification about why this would not be allowed as they are doing nothing that the copyright holder is not already doing and, in many cases –although not in this one-, release files at the same time as the official site to save bandwidth and reduce lag.

*I would have linked to some of those just in case the Microsoft file was removed but did not due to the ambiguous nature of your warning.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Are legal mirrors of unaltered files ok*?

If officially "sanctioned" by Microsoft as mirrors, I don't see a problem. I know companies sometimes outsource downloads to places like c/net etc. On the other hand, I know Microsoft has tightened up security a bit and generally won't let you download stuff without running the Genuine Windows Advantage ® thing.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i need SP1 because i have been told that newer service packs are what are causing my kotor2 to freeze at the error after character creation thing. and yes, i have confirmed i have SP3. could anyone post a direct link to a place that allows downloads of SP1? preferably a page with a link to download said SP. i really want to play my kotor 2. :biggrin:

Its not the service pack that is causing your problems, KotOR 2 runs perfectly fine on SP1, 2 and 3. Most likely its some other issue, perhaps hardware/drivers or additional software you have running in the background, like your anti-virus, firewall, IM programs, media players, etc.

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg