Podcast with Matthew Rorie

Okay, top 3 reasons why AP is different from Mass Effect?

...Does it have sex?

Do you really think that's the most important part of the game? /facepalm

This.

Interesting, all the same...

Edited by Pavlos
StarWarsKnights.com -- Do not invent details which are not in the play

The stupidity of that woman... defies reality itself.

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

The big hoopla-brouhaha over any sexual elements in games is always a bit disconcerting to me. I guess it is a reminder than as far as games have come, a big part of gaming remains centered on juvenile tastes. Or maybe just the gaming media.

And I still find it weird about that whole 'sexbox' ME scandal. It is so ****ed up when you have a game like Prototype* come out one week, where you can slay multitudes of innocent people in totally gruesome ways, such as slicing, electrocuting and eating them or whatever, without absolutely no notice in mainstream and gaming media, but then if there is even the side of woman's bum in one game and there is a huge freak out about it. It says a lot about North American society.

*not saying there is anything wrong with this game. I like ultra-violence in my games! Just using it as an example...

Sexual activity is much more a part of most our everyday lives (I presume), than violence is, so I don't know why the depiction of it is so taboo. Especially in the back-drop of game on the spy thriller, of all things. Perhaps many baby boomers still have the common fallacy planted deep in their minds that only teenagers play video games -- and they should be protected from the horror that is sexual activity!

...just listened to podcast. I thought Matt Rorie handled himself really well. Good podcast.

Edited by kreese12

i don't know about you, but I had lots of sex when I was a teenager. protect nothin

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i don't know about you, but I had lots of sex when I was a teenager. protect nothin

On that note: Obs, make a Sex-Playing Game, or Role-F**** Game, and you'll get more money than Blizzard and NCSoft zusammen.

I'm sure if you talk about this to FOX you'll get a news story ala Mass Effect.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"