Yeah, so, Neverwinter Nights 2...

am suspecting that jebus is trying to make a point rather than being complete genuine, 'cause the numbers don't add.

as i recall, you should be well past 7th level by the time you get to fihelis' estate anyway, more like 10-12th or so. particularly so if you only want to go in there with 3 dudes and no summons.

taks

More like level 8, actually. There isn't much to do before you do this, it's part of the early City Watch/Thieves' Guild questline.

The thing is, for some reason, dual wielding is really effective with sneaking characters in NWN2. The enemies in Fihelis' Estate are level 6 rogues with mediocre stats, but if the character they are backstabbing doesn't have a really good spot skill, they will land their sneak attacks for serious damage. They are rarely found alone, so three of these guys can make a number on your party.

Here's the fun part - Obsidian went with the lame Bio encounter design method, and gave the rogues undroppable +2 daggers and shortswords and +3 armors. I'm not sure but IIRC, they had +4d6 sneak attack too, instead of the legal +3d6 for level 6 rogues. *sigh*

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Be sure to

look in the well.

I have to thank both Elanee and Sand who told me to look into the well as they heard some noise coming from it. Those elves...

And yes, one should have reached level 8 when they visit the estate.

I have almost reached level 14 and I am just before the trial (I have gathered all the clues and just need to trigger the event). Have I advanced too much or is this just normal?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Near the end of the game, is there any way to

have Neeshka return to your party with Elanee still present? I always make sure I have enough influence over both, and I always win an influence check with Neeshka upon entering the final room in the game, but still Neeshka doesn't return to my party when I ask her to.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

am suspecting that jebus is trying to make a point rather than being complete genuine, 'cause the numbers don't add.

as i recall, you should be well past 7th level by the time you get to fihelis' estate anyway, more like 10-12th or so. particularly so if you only want to go in there with 3 dudes and no summons.

taks

More like level 8, actually. There isn't much to do before you do this, it's part of the early City Watch/Thieves' Guild questline.

The thing is, for some reason, dual wielding is really effective with sneaking characters in NWN2. The enemies in Fihelis' Estate are level 6 rogues with mediocre stats, but if the character they are backstabbing doesn't have a really good spot skill, they will land their sneak attacks for serious damage. They are rarely found alone, so three of these guys can make a number on your party.

Here's the fun part - Obsidian went with the lame Bio encounter design method, and gave the rogues undroppable +2 daggers and shortswords and +3 armors. I'm not sure but IIRC, they had +4d6 sneak attack too, instead of the legal +3d6 for level 6 rogues. *sigh*

level 8 is indeed a reasonable level. however, have your paladin fight bare fist and makes elanee wear a robe of fire resistance is probable not best route in an area that is being difficult. even so, the rogues were not hitting jebus' unbuffed paladin with main hand roll of 12 and off-hand roll o' 14. simple observation o' numbers in screen shots makes obvious that jebus were purposeful gimping in 2nd screenie. is up to other folks to guess purpose of the charade.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)