K3 AND K4

Okay maybe if LucasArts would just approve this maybe let Obsidian make a KotOR III that is RPG but then let BioWare make their @#$%ty MMO as Kotor IV. Color change for stand out purposes but cant BioWare figure out how many people are against the idea of an MMO. They're already making Mass Effect as a @#$%ty MMO, why ruin two popular games that you are creating to have your game sales barely increase. Surely I have to say BioWare made a great KotOR I which people instantly fell in love with that KotOR fans wanted another game, well, a lot of people hated it, so throwing something tons of people are against after a ton of people hated KotOR II is not good buisness.

I think just a Mass Effect MMO is enough and then make a Mass Effect III RPG you contradicting c***s!! Look to your fans and do what most people want, not what you want! Does this mean to never do what you want and go off of your followers, NO, feel free to make whatever game you want and take a few requests in addition. Dont be all what you want!

Now of course there will be some strange arsehole out there who is going "YES, YES! Now I can harass the first online soul who walks in my way!" or "YIPEEE! MMO!" but less people are probably thinking that rather than people thinking "Holy @#$%, this MMO will be crap, I hate KotOR now!" or "Not another MMO, you've ruined Mass Effect and now your ruining KotOR, when will this end."

So BioWare, think logically here, Mass Effect and KotOR are your biggest games and you think improving your game sales will increase through these @#$%ty MMOs? Think again here, out of your smaller games like Jade Empire, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, do what you want with those games, MMO them, enhance them by RPG or by making them unique somehow, do whatever you want with those games, however, to enhance your more popular games, Mass Effect and KotOR for instance, do what people want and add in a few things that will satisfy most of their wishes.

If you agree with what I've said (or some of it) you can post whatever you want like "I agree" or whatever. Think of this as a petition/discussion please, not just a petition.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

Given the recent poll on KotORFiles ( link ), I'm fairly certain that the majority of KotOR fans are up for the MMO, even if I'm not. And the non-fan playerbase are far less picky about stuff like whether it's an MMO, TBH, and are for the most part of the "zOMG, KotOR II suxxx, it r 2 broked" camp.

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Wait... a Mass Effect MMO?! Where did you get that?

People on YouTube were talking about it a lot. Could be truth or rumor, but from what they know, the reason that KotOR III is taking so long is because of the Mass Effect MMO.

deicideLogo5.jpg

Given the recent poll on KotORFiles ( link ), I'm fairly certain that the majority of KotOR fans are up for the MMO, even if I'm not. And the non-fan playerbase are far less picky about stuff like whether it's an MMO, TBH, and are for the most part of the "zOMG, KotOR II suxxx, it r 2 broked" camp.

That was a trailer, I wont be judging it for good until I watch some people play it. For now, I'm only calling it trash.

deicideLogo5.jpg

That was a trailer, I wont be judging it for good until I watch some people play it. For now, I'm only calling it trash.

I wasn't commenting on the game's eventual quality, but on the popularity of TOR amongst gamers. Given that the sample at KotORFiles is very much the hardcore, we can imagine pretty easily that the rest of the playerbase have an even higher pro- proportion.

And you really shouldn't believe things you read on YouTube comments. 98.9% of what's written or posted on YT is utter tripe.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Maybe, but I dont know if theres any truth behind it. Some people post legitamate things but you can never know who those people are, I'll just have to hunt around google, but on BioWare.com, I did find a section that said "upcoming titles" and saw Mass Effect 2 in it, but the MMO might just be a rumor, just hunt around I guess for good info but I would guess that BioWare wants Mass Effect 2 to be MMO.

deicideLogo5.jpg

... Why? The trilogy was always planned as three SPRPGs, IIRC.

A few words. Bioware isn't talking about Mass Effect as an MMO. Fans have said it'd be fertile ground for an MMO because of the current design and background that they have for the game, but there are no plans to make it.

As to TOR. The fanbase for TOR is going to differ from that of Kotor. People who weren't interested in Kotor but were in star wars will pick it up, as well as Kotor and MMO fans. You loudly proclaim in your post that the fans want another single player campaign and that bioware is TOTALLY ignoring their fans while making an MMO. Problem is that either your definition of "fan" is from the few RPG specific boards (or focused boards) like this one, where Single player is king and multiplayer should be jump in jump out rather than any of this leveling and social nonsense. Rather, the general public has been very receptive to the idea of a Star Wars MMO, and Old republic gives the developers the greatest freedom to pull this off.

You're also letting your personal feelings shade how you look at things WAYYY to much. You had a bad experience with MMO's, ok, we get that. Problem is that you're using that as justification that all MMO's are terrible. It's like watching a serial killer in action, and that causes you to have a horrible opinion of ALL human beings because they'll all inevitably kill and not get punished for it. Gross Generalizations based upon personal experience rarely stand up to any sort of scrutiny.

Anyway, if you're going to make a post like this, make it so that you're not lying about factoids and demographics. And don't just state "It's terrible because I had a bad time in this other companies MMO and thus all mmo's are horrible!". If you think it'll be terrible give reasons and be constructive rather than just screaming then waiting for a reaction.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I strongly recommend verifying your information before you start posting a rant condemning a company for things they are not doing.

One look at Mass Effect 2 gameplay videos shows that it's going to be a lot like the first Mass Effect and not an MMO.

I'm sure Bioware has in fact looked into how many people are adamantly against an MMO. The number is probably a lot smaller than you think.

I havent played a lot of MMO's but I just sort of fearing that this TOR will be like Galaxies. But I'm hearing that it'll be similar to Galaxies, a hassle to join the Jedi Order. Well I do have reasons:

1. People are just probably so anxious about how the Revan story ended, and KotOR II only boosted the story a little farther, and thus an MMO in the way will only slow down on how many people will want to know.

2. Making this game like Galaxies will be sort of a stupid thing to do.

3. Although many people seem to be all MMO for this, many people aren't, try to satisfy as much people as possible. Satisfying 65% of fans will not cut the job.

4. You may have bribed many people with your trailer, but you'll still have to make this MMO worth it for people to want another KotOR.

5. Like said for number 1. If you finish KotOR II unfinished Revan story with a game much like what K1 and K2 were to answer peoples curiosity, then after that, feel free to do what ever you want with KotOR.

Thats all I can think of right now.

deicideLogo5.jpg

I havent played a lot of MMO's but I just sort of fearing that this TOR will be like Galaxies. But I'm hearing that it'll be similar to Galaxies, a hassle to join the Jedi Order. Well I do have reasons:

1. People are just probably so anxious about how the Revan story ended, and KotOR II only boosted the story a little farther, and thus an MMO in the way will only slow down on how many people will want to know.

2. Making this game like Galaxies will be sort of a stupid thing to do.

3. Although many people seem to be all MMO for this, many people aren't, try to satisfy as much people as possible. Satisfying 65% of fans will not cut the job.

4. You may have bribed many people with your trailer, but you'll still have to make this MMO worth it for people to want another KotOR.

5. Like said for number 1. If you finish KotOR II unfinished Revan story with a game much like what K1 and K2 were to answer peoples curiosity, then after that, feel free to do what ever you want with KotOR.

Thats all I can think of right now.

*sigh* they're trying to avoid the sinkhole that was galaxies. Galaxies had one of the best crafting systems people have ever seen but it wasn't very good at combat or leveling and took FOREVER to get levels. It didn't even level in the traditional way. Sony ended up just digging the hole deeper with some of their decisions.

You're still making sweeping generalizations and refusing to even concieve of the fact that a LARGE portion of the market wants a GOOD star wars MMO

Perhaps. Yes, a lot of people seem to be all for this MMO and I'm not saying they shouldn't, there opinion for this I can do nothing about. Go ahead BioWare, make this MMO as good as you can possibly make it, I wont stop you, just make it good. I'm not a closed-minded @#$% but make it worth peoples time. Some people might have been more against it before they saw the trailer and sort of *bribed* them for being all for MMO. I have nothing against MMO's but I still would prefer TOR to be a non-MMO game.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

HEY! To play a MMO you have to have freaking Broadband to get fun out of it!!!! A KOTOR 3 would not need Broadband!!! Also, a MMO can only be on PC. NOT ON XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!! The TOR idea sucks freaking eggs. TOR is Bull Crap! :)

You can play an MMO on dialup but it'll just be laggy, also there are MMO's on Xbox (hell Champions Online is gonna be on the 360)

You actually haven't looked into the game in any way, shape, or form have you? Any person saying that the game will be similar to Galaxies has their head in the dirt beside yours. It's been put quite upfront that the ability to start the game off as a Jedi or a Sith will be present. The game also will not be like Star Wars Galaxies.

If you don't want to annoy people, spend five seconds looking at the Wiki page for the game and you won't come off as teeth gritting as you are.

K3-free to play

MMO-not

:banghead::p:lol:

KOTOR 3 is only free to play if you pirate the game.

I used to get caught up on the fee issue for the game too. Except that I realized that the monthly fee is roughly the same as the cost of going to a couple movies a month. Except that I get significantly more enjoyment out of the game.

Imagine playing KOTOR and starting the game off as a Soldier. You play through the game until completion, and it takes you 30 hours to beat the game. Now you load up the game as a Scout, and you realize that you are starting off in a different part of the galaxy, with a different story that runs parallel to the one that you ran as the Soldier. It might overlap in some places, but for the most part it's another 30 hours of unique game play. Now, load up the game as a Scoundrel, and realize that the same holds true for this class.

And after a bit of time, a content update comes out, extending the stories and providing more to do.

HEY! To play a MMO you have to have freaking Broadband to get fun out of it!!!! A KOTOR 3 would not need Broadband!!!
Yeah, I hear that to play games, you need this odd device known as a "kom-pyoo-tarr". A piece of paper and a pencil is all you should ever need to game, I tells ya!

NOT ON XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Consoles get more than their fair share of exclusive titles.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

K3-free to play

MMO-not

:banghead::lol::skull:

KOTOR 3 is only free to play if you pirate the game.

I used to get caught up on the fee issue for the game too. Except that I realized that the monthly fee is roughly the same as the cost of going to a couple movies a month. Except that I get significantly more enjoyment out of the game.

Imagine playing KOTOR and starting the game off as a Soldier. You play through the game until completion, and it takes you 30 hours to beat the game. Now you load up the game as a Scout, and you realize that you are starting off in a different part of the galaxy, with a different story that runs parallel to the one that you ran as the Soldier. It might overlap in some places, but for the most part it's another 30 hours of unique game play. Now, load up the game as a Scoundrel, and realize that the same holds true for this class.

And after a bit of time, a content update comes out, extending the stories and providing more to do.

Pirate the..... Wait, I meant that if you buy the game, that is a one-time fee. ex.- You buy Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft. You pay one time for Warcraft 3, but not only do you buy WoW, you have to pay if you play. MMO's are not free to play (once per month) But Warcraft is. Unless possibly if you play Multiplayer on Battle.Net. Besides, who says that K3 couldn't have multiple unique paths as described in paragraph 3. :aiee: I hate having to explain this all the time.