Getting on stage

Walsingham

I hate waiting to perform. It's like slow torture, except you can't even be proud of the anguish because it shows you're tough. It just shows that you're a girly fool.

Aaaargh.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just walk around enjoying the spectacle, and the more nervous you are before you go onstage, the better it will feel once you're there. What will you be doing by the way? Theatre, musical performance or playing colonel bogeys march with flatulence?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm with kirottu on this, nekkidness is always the solution.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I think it should be fairly obvious that I am no-longer young enough or pretty enough to get nekkid on stage. I will be singing, and however bad it is i think it unlikely the audience will feel sick to their stomachs. This would be the ineluctable result if I got nekkid and did a little nekkid dance.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think it should be fairly obvious that I am no-longer young enough or pretty enough to get nekkid on stage. I will be singing, and however bad it is i think it unlikely the audience will feel sick to their stomachs. This would be the ineluctable result if I got nekkid and did a little nekkid dance.

Believe in yourself and you can fly, Walsy!

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

You underestimate your timeless beauty Walsy, if you got on stage nekkid your performance would be a worldwide success even if you didn't actually bother singing and just stood around for five minutes. Trust me on this :thumbsup:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Believe in yourself and you can fly, Walsy!

Just what this town needs: a flying, naked, singing fat man.

-Elwood Blues

These kinds of things have never bothered me, well singing in front of a crowd would bother me, but thats because I don't know how. Gennerally speaking though, I just don't have any shame and am ruthlessly direct in anything I do, it does come back to bite me ever so often.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

When I have to do something in front of people, my brain just clicks in 'extreme improvisation mode' which usually enables me to pull enough something out of my ass to get away with it. I think its my old class-clown habits that make it possible.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Who ISNT nervous before doing something in front of people? I have this weird thing that when Im nervous I cant feel it in my head, but it goes straight to the body. So I feel normally focused mentally, but my hands will be shaking and my legs will be spaghetti. Thats not helpful when you try to play an instrument, Im not a good guitarist normally, so onstage I reach entirely new levels of ineptitude :o

What you haveto understand is that if it's a question of getting in front of a couple hundred people, or even thousands of people and telling them soimething they need to know that's easy. Either it's right and all kosher or it ain't in which case don't fething do it.

In this case it's bloody art, and you have to care and not ccre at the same time. I've done it now, and so far as I can make out from friends and audience I did a good job. Far from perfect, but they enjoyed it. I sang Feeling Good, and Minnie the Moocher. Both started out a bit lame, but once I found my feet I kicked a discreet quantity of ass. The audioence were all grinning and singing back top volume for minnie the moocher, even though I was improvising.

If I don't change my mind I will post youtube version of me singing asap.

-Elwood Blues

What you haveto understand is that if it's a question of getting in front of a couple hundred people, or even thousands of people and telling them soimething they need to know that's easy. Either it's right and all kosher or it ain't in which case don't fething do it.

In this case it's bloody art, and you have to care and not ccre at the same time. I've done it now, and so far as I can make out from friends and audience I did a good job. Far from perfect, but they enjoyed it. I sang Feeling Good, and Minnie the Moocher. Both started out a bit lame, but once I found my feet I kicked a discreet quantity of ass. The audioence were all grinning and singing back top volume for minnie the moocher, even though I was improvising.

If I don't change my mind I will post youtube version of me singing asap.

You did well. Many famous artists and stars relied on the booze or other stimulants in order to have the courage to face their audience.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've tried my hand at acting. I'm not much of one, mind you, but I do enjoy it. I'm a pretty big guy, and I have a LOUD voice. I like to sing and I warm up to most production, but even I get nervous going up on stage. Let me be clear, I hate singing in front of an audience. I hope you do post that youtube. That will be fun to see. Plus, how worried can you get? You're already quite mad. What's stagefright to the Hatter? ;)

It'll be about a week before I get the DVD. Does anyone know how I can capture from the DVD to post?

-Elwood Blues