Baseball!

Guard Dog

I'd like to see NY lose, but on the other hand, I think a Phillies/NY match up would be a lot more interesting to watch.

Either way, I'll probably watch the end of most of the WS games, but don't know if I'll sit through all of them beginning to end.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What a 9th inning last night (it was all I watched truth be told).

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'd like to see NY lose, but on the other hand, I think a Phillies/NY match up would be a lot more interesting to watch.

Those two powerhouses in their home bandboxes? I don't know it's got 14-10 type scores, 5+ hour games written all over it. "Interesting" is not the word I would call it

Edited by Kelverin

Prediction, no matter who wins the WS at least two games go deep into extra inning and end with a score that would look more like a Giants Eagles game.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Prediction - The weather is going to suck.

The later the WS is held, the more likely this will be so.

It's almost an argument for all covered stadiums.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Prediction - The weather is going to suck.

The later the WS is held, the more likely this will be so.

It's almost an argument for all covered stadiums.

Actually it's an argument to tighten up the doggone playoff schedule. Baseball is an every day sport. So many days have been wasted since the playoffs began the WS could have been over by now. I realize the point is to maximize ratings but they are doing a disservice to the players and the quality of the game. Just look at las years WS as an example. But, that won't change.

Thomas Sowell

That would help, yes, but even with that the WS might often be in mid-late Oct.

I don't know how they'd do it w/the way they do things now, but imo the WS should be over within the 1st week of October.

Edit: They used to do more double-headers, which shortened regular season...but have slowly eliminated them over time until the current none at all.

Edited by LadyCrimson

I like the Yanks in five. And I think planned double headers were great. I wish they would revisit especially in the summer when the kids can go.

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's all over now. All in all the WS was great. I watched almost all of all six games. It had it all really, dominating pitching and freat hitting, comebacks, hight drama, an aging veteran turning back time to save the day (how about Matsui's performance especially in game six...amazing). It had everything you could hope for. It was a great end to a great season. The Rays took a step back this year, the Marlins took a step forward. Now we concentrate on football and the NHL but there will always be time for Hot Stove talk. Until spring training...

Thomas Sowell

Didn't watch all games entire, but it was certainly an interesting and often close series.

5 months until April is a long time when you don't like hockey or football...