The official Box Art looks terrible. Obviously it won't dissuade any fans of Obsidian to buy the game but it certainly won't catch any eyes of people walking by. It is plain and uninspired. That giant bomb photoshop is actually pretty good and has the right idea especially when it comes to the color scheme.

Rip this off:

ElevatorAction.jpg

...Now that was some classic box art and screams SPY GAME

Edited by Demonocracy

The official Box Art looks terrible. Obviously it won't dissuade any fans of Obsidian to buy the game but it certainly won't catch any eyes of people walking by. It is plain and uninspired. That giant bomb photoshop is actually pretty good and has the right idea especially when it comes to the color scheme.

I cant disagree more. What does a nuke going off in the background have to do with spys? Then the guy fading into black looks more like Vinny than MT, Which doesnt quite hit me right. It doesnt look like hes stealthing away, more of hes getting pushed aside because the nuke is the main picture. A color scheme of Red, Orange and Black doesnt say spy game to me, it says run and gun with a bunch of explosives and grenades. A navy blue gives off more espionage vibes, making it seem more like a stealth shooter. Anyways, i might be the only one on the forum that says this, but i think the original boxart looks great. Good job Obs!

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I cant disagree more. What does a nuke going off in the background have to do with spys? Then the guy fading into black looks more like Vinny than MT, Which doesnt quite hit me right. It doesnt look like hes stealthing away, more of hes getting pushed aside because the nuke is the main picture. A color scheme of Red, Orange and Black doesnt say spy game to me, it says run and gun with a bunch of explosives and grenades. A navy blue gives off more espionage vibes, making it seem more like a stealth shooter. Anyways, i might be the only one on the forum that says this, but i think the original boxart looks great. Good job Obs!

I wasn't saying the Giant bomb pic should be used, I am saying it at least catches the eye and looks better. The Elevator Action box art looks better and is true to the game. You can pat Obsidian on the back all you want, I love their games too, but overwhelming feeback on gaming forums everywhere has been highly negative to the cover. It is bad box art and whether it is right or not, people do judge a game to some extent by the art on the cover when it is a new IP. Mass Effect didn't have the best box art either, but they were able to ride off of their name while Obsidian does not have that luxury. Obsidian is still a mystery to a lot of people and many foolishly think of them as the guys who made that "other" KOTOR game which seemed rushed. They need every edge they can get, this box art is not it.

I agree they should stick with something that looks stealthy and spy-like, but not what they have now.

I wasn't saying the Giant bomb pic should be used, I am saying it at least catches the eye and looks better. The Elevator Action box art looks better and is true to the game. You can pat Obsidian on the back all you want, I love their games too, but overwhelming feeback on gaming forums everywhere has been highly negative to the cover. It is bad box art and whether it is right or not, people do judge a game to some extent by the art on the cover when it is a new IP. Mass Effect didn't have the best box art either, but they were able to ride off of their name while Obsidian does not have that luxury. Obsidian is still a mystery to a lot of people and many foolishly think of them as the guys who made that "other" KOTOR game which seemed rushed. They need every edge they can get, this box art is not it.

I agree they should stick with something that looks stealthy and spy-like, but not what they have now.

I agree it catches the eye better, but it doesnt catch the essence. Thats the exact opposite problem with the official box art. If only there was something to catch the eye of people who know nothing about it, and show off what the game is all about.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I agree it catches the eye better, but it doesnt catch the essence. Thats the exact opposite problem with the official box art. If only there was something to catch the eye of people who know nothing about it, and show off what the game is all about.

We agree then. I like the idea of having a guy in shadows on the cover, but they could do it in a much more attractive and slick way. I really want this game to be a sucess and for Obsidian to get some recognition from all the lemmings out there.