Don't like it, what's my incentive to buy the game when I see that cover? It's about a guy with a gun?

Not with A gun, but TWO guns! ;(

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Guess I'm the odd one out.

First impression I have for the cover is "Badass" yet "mysterious" at the same time, which leads to "intriguing" that would make me pick up the box to take a look at the details behind.

An ugly blue guy and some orange stuff on the cover, reminds me of something... Planescape: Torment box art.

Marketing 101: Needs Sie in an "Ursula Andress" bikini on the cover too.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just don't like the whole "THE ESPIONAGE RPG" line.

Otherwise, pretty cool.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It's as generic as covers get. How about something more imaginative? Maybe a bloodied dossier marked "Confidential", or something like that.

20795.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=70790

Reserve Alpha Protocol and receive the GameStop Exclusive Assault Pack containing:

* The GameStop exclusive UC Regulator high damage shotgun and shotgun upgrade kit.

* The GameStop exclusive Rittergroupen Grizzly high accuracy rifle and rifle upgrade kit.

* 30 Rounds Phosphorous Ammo

* 100 Rounds Sub Sonic Rounds

* 20 Explosive Grenades

* 10 Epinephrine Spikes

In addition, you will gain exclusive access to two modified weapons that can be purchased later in-game to enhance play and give you the upper hand: the Hamilton Howitzer huge volley shotgun and the Samael Retribution rapid-fire rifle. Available for online and in-store customers while supplies last.

Online / In-Store Pickup Customers: A unique code and download instructions will be emailed beginning 10/2/09.

Store Customers: A pre-order card containing a unique code and download instructions will be available at time of game pick-up.

I'm not buying from GameStop. Ever.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

awesome. My preorder pays off!

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well it says PAL on the cover. Maybe there's a different (and hopefully better) cover for the US region?

US covers are always worse. Always.

20795.jpg

Guest PoziomyPion

Well, I actually kinda like it. The thing is they won't make an original box art cover, because it can confuse/scare people away. Just like Torment.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6212883.html

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59391

Alpha Protocol Gets Release Date, Obvious Subtitle

Obsidian's spy-themed action-RPG Alpha Protocol will ship off to North American retailers on October 6, publisher Sega has just announced.

The game is now subtitled "The Espionage RPG," going by the box art issued today, with all three versions--PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360--to be released simultaneously.

In addition to Alpha Protocol, Obsidian has two other projects in the works--Fallout: New Vegas and a secret mystery title--with its Aliens RPG recently confirmed to be cancelled.

Edited by funcroc

Don't like it, what's my incentive to buy the game when I see that cover? It's about a guy with a gun?

Not with A gun, but TWO guns! :thumbsup:

The second gun is hard to see, I didn't even notice it.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Soooo, what's the CE bos gonna look like? :thumbsup:

EDIT: Oh, box looks kind of cool IMO. There is going to be face customization right? Is that why the face of MT is not really visible?

Edited by Mr. Fob

Morgoth I honestly like yours better :thumbsup:

The actual box art isn't bad, but it is pretty plain to me. And the dude on it doesn't even look like M.T very much.

Side-note: Being a spy game, the box-art artist should really take advantage of the fact that a sexy chick would fit right in on the cover !

Edited by kreese12