How will it end?

Aristes

How it will end!  

34 members have voted

1. 1. When you know the end is coming but you don't know what he's wearing:

• Apes, Cats, Ants... it's mutation time!
    • You thought machines were your friends!
    • It isn't just a bad cough!
    • Earth pinball with asteroids, comets, the moon!
    • Space Invaders isn't a video game any more!
    • Here comes the sun!
    • No! It's going to be... (explain)

I'm thinking we should return to the Norse traditions. Those were cool. Dark elves, trolls, giants, goblins, sex goddesses...

Heh... I might go along with that if only for the reasons Calax stated. :p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I would like to point out that the end of revelation is triumphant, not destruction. Just thought I'd throw that out. I've decided not to hunt you folks down and force you to read my bible. Instead, I'll write a mean post about game romances. There, see, we can all win!

PS. I also figured it would make sense to spell revelation properly.

Edited by Aristes

I would like to point out that the end of revelation is triumphant, not destruction. Just thought I'd throw that out. I've decided not to hunt you folks down and force you to read my bible. Instead, I'll write a mean post about game romances. There, see, we can all win!

Oh come now, you can't honestly believe what's written in Revelations can you? I've grown soft in my old age and am willing to respectfully disagree about a lot of things regarding religions - some aspects I even envy or miss - but the fire and brimstone bit is just moronic.

Hey, you never know which asteroid comes with a "3rd planet from The Sun" as its delivery address :)

Disclaimer: I've never read the text in question, so I wouldn't know how it fit into the context of the rest of the events to take place.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sorry for misspell. And yes, it is triumphant, but the original earth is destroyed. And you believe too. Good! :rolleyes:

I take the view that Revelation is written in code. I don't think it's literal. I don't look for the breaking of the seven seals and whatnot. However, the idea behind it, that of salvation, I do believe.

However, whether literal or code, revelation doesn't depict the end of the world. It depicts a struggle between good and evil in which good triumphs and evil is subdued.

Revelation has a long and rocky history with Christianity. I think most Catholics today tend to think of it as a warning to Christians contemporary to the work. The big villain in that case is the Roman Empire. Calvin and Luther both had serious misgivings. I think that more of the fundamentalist folks view it as more literal, but even they disagree about specifics such as 'the rapture' etc. (Note: I don't use the term fundamentalist as a pejorative, merely as a point of reference.) ...But it's not like I really know that much about it.

I didn't put it in for a reason.

As for belief, I'm Catholic with a capital C. I believe in the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, and the life of the world everlasting. ...But I won't hold it against you if you disagree or even think my belief is silly. There are so many reasons we hate each other in this world, most of them petty, that I'm not going to let my religion be the basis for another one. Not with that big assed asteroid getting ready to strike the earth any minute!

PS thank you, squidmonarch!

Edited by Aristes

Oh come now, you can't honestly believe what's written in Revelations can you? I've grown soft in my old age and am willing to respectfully disagree about a lot of things regarding religions - some aspects I even envy or miss - but the fire and brimstone bit is just moronic.

The fact that the Revelations is full of fire and brimstones and monsters and women, actually, shouldn't make it any more moronic or any less believable... in fact, if I was a nonbeliever treating the Bible with skepticism, armies of evil as innumerable as sand and monsters half-lifted out of Greek mythology would be a lot easier to believe than a hundred other things in there.

I haven't a clue as to what to make of Revelations, though. An end of the world that I would appreciate is a slide-show showing the consequences of my actions in the world, a final snapshot of the world before The End and an exhaustive list of statistics and achievements.

Dang, I missed all the religious fervor!

Doesn't anyone buy my theory that we will all eventually evolve into beings with a greater awareness of our universe, thus leaving behind our biological shells?

Ascension? Hah, with the way humanity's going we're all going to burn in nuclear fires way before that.

Also it doesn't make any sense. Unless you go digital, you are your biological shell.

Edited by Purkake

I think that the second coming will take care of these pesky notions and we'll all end up living in the Garden of Eden. ...And God doesn't need any silly Garden of Eden Creation Kits. He's the original G.E.C.K.!

Plus, I don't see how having a greater awareness of our unviverse would help us vis a vis the biological shell thing. After all, you can be aware of the rain, but you still need an umbrella or you're going to get wet. :p

Plus, I don't see how having a greater awareness of our universe would help us vis a vis the biological shell thing. After all, you can be aware of the rain, but you still need an umbrella or you're going to get wet. :sorcerer:

I'd guess it would be like 'knowing the Matrix', warping reality through knowledge of laws, and loosing the need for a physical focal point for your existence.

Of course, I can also say how should we know, we're not ascended.

Plus, I don't see how having a greater awareness of our universe would help us vis a vis the biological shell thing. After all, you can be aware of the rain, but you still need an umbrella or you're going to get wet. :thumbsup:

I'd guess it would be like 'knowing the Matrix', warping reality through knowledge of laws, and loosing the need for a physical focal point for your existence.

Of course, I can also say how should we know, we're not ascended.

Once you realize that there IS no rain you can dodge it, slo-mo style.

The Matrix thing is kinda like the Planescape thing isn't it?

I picked: No...it's going to be

Something I posted a long long time ago on this forum....Former NASA scientist, James M. McCanney, on the subject of Planet X (The 10th Planet): I had never heard of him, but in reading I learned that he was a real scientist with real credentials saying that Planet X was real and that NASA has been aware of this for 30 years.

However, the goal of his teaching is not to prove scientifically that Planet X is real, but only to explain why NASA and others would expect to warn you about it are not doing so, and what evidence we do have for its existence from NASA and other sources. In fact, if you take the time to look there is a lot of evidence available, James M. McCanney wants to address the main objections for believing in a Planet X threat and then move on to the important things that Scripture says for dealing with that threat which are not covered in other books.

Why is NASA Silent On PX?

PX - Planet 10

NASA seems to be silent about Planet X. They certainly are not warning anyone to prepare for its passage. If you did not know any better you would conclude from this alone that Planet X is a hoax. However, the fact is that NASA was the first to announce the discovery of Planet X, back in 1980s as reported in the June 19, 1982 edition of the New York Times:

"Something out there beyond the furthest reaches of the known solar system is tugging at Uranus and Neptune. A gravitational force keeps perturbing the two giant planets, causing irregularities in their orbits. The force suggests a presence far away and unseen, a large object, the long-sought Planet X. Astronomers are so certain of this planet's existence that they have already named it "Planet X - the 10th Planet."

Apparently the announcement of the discovery was a slip because within a week they retracted it and have been publicly silent ever since. Yet, there is sufficient evidence that they have had an internal project tracking PX as this NASA internal document records:

NASA ADS Astronomy Abstract Service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find Similar Abstracts (with default settings below)

When I was at boarding school we had an epidemic of nightmares in the 3rd form boys. Us prefects (the good oens, anyway) got quite concerned. Thought it could be bullying or worse. Long story short it turned out the stupid bastards where reading Revelations to each other in the dorm before going to bed! I tell you man, the Bible knocks Stephen King into slanted hat.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've grown soft in my old age and am willing to respectfully disagree about a lot of things regarding religions
Odd how that works. Just a few years ago I would hope Jehova's Witnesses would come by so I could try to convert them to atheism instead. Haha.

(Never worked! Duh.)

This object also appears to be working in conjunction with strange events occurring at the core of the Milky Way. If we are to take the prophetic warnings seriously, which I believe we better, then indeed and in fact a very mysterious and anomalous object that is buried deep within a dark cloud of space dust is headed this way and it will arrive at about the same time that the

This object also appears to be working in conjunction with strange events occurring at the core of the Milky Way. If we are to take the prophetic warnings seriously, which I believe we better, then indeed and in fact a very mysterious and anomalous object that is buried deep within a dark cloud of space dust is headed this way and it will arrive at about the same time that the

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The Matrix thing is kinda like the Planescape thing isn't it?

I always wondered if I believe I can summon things by thinking about them, and if everyone else thinks no one is supposed to be able to do this, then wouldn't the belief of the majority negate the minority?