Interview with Joshua

Santiago

Really respect that Anthony is capable of taking up the heat. But the thread involving his recent post only proved further that the Codex had devolved into . . . . ugh. Head hurts trying to describe or coin those forumers.

Edited by Zoma

Guest PoziomyPion

My god, I used to read RPGCodex for lulz and some interesting conversations avoiding all the bitching. But lately it changed into some whine-fest .I see now it's cool to be a big, whiny-ass b**ch. I guess it's easier to stroke own ego this way.

y'know, Gromnir never played basic or expert d&d... played d&d, which had a messy evolution into ad&d. most d&d players were playing ad&d previous to the official name change, but we didn't realize we were playing ad&d. 'course original d&d were much closer to d&d basic/expert than it were to ad&d. sounds weird, no?

does anybody know what is the over/under on pages needed for any codex thread to eventually include bio bashing? start a thread entitled " Your Favorite Tree" and am betting that by page 5 somebody will bring up and slam bio. "I bet Gaydar's favorite tree is the Maple or the Pu$$y Willow. Damn Canadian %^&*. What the hell is a Pu$$y Willow anyway? Is it even a real tree? Well, I guess that is ok because bioware isn't a real game developer."

didn't learn anything from josh's interview, save to reinforce our belief that these internet interviews ain't conducted via the phone or in person... that or josh is an alien. real people not talk like josh responses.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Let's see. Think I first played wizardry 1 soon after getting the red and blue boxes. A few years later bought Bard's Tale2 after reading a dragon magazine review (what wonderful fun that was), then Bard's Tale3(not as good). Then began a crpg dark age which lasted til the late 90's, though I still played nintendo along with all the other 80's kids. Currently going through another dark age and haven't bought and played any crpg since toee. Thus the low post count and relative inactivity. Burnout from earlier this decade.

And yea je's responses do have a sort of disembodied marlon brando from superman "it is forbidden" thing to em.

man

- The increasing mathematical illiteracy in this age has resulted in people wanting to compensate for this illiteracy by putting emphasis on unquantifiable things like moral philosophy; a sign of decadent idiocracy.

I'm not sure how one becomes so deluded that they can use the phrase "decadent idiocracy" with a straight face.

Ah, going deeper into the ugly organ of the Codex. I like how Roshambo still loves to name-drop and claim sole responsibility for the way several games turn out. He's pretty much the Perez Hilton of video games. I read his posts and the word "ASPERGERS" flashes in bright neon, over and over.

Edited by Pop

I just can't get past the whole elitist crap. Otherewise it's just a message board where folks discuss different ideas. It's a tad insular and the chest beating is a little frentic, but it's not as soul numbingly chauvinistic as some boards I've seen.

OH, and I'm one of the ol' timers crowd too. I started playing DnD before there was a 'basic' set. I was too young to understand it properly, but I must have started playing at the first boxed set. Soon thereafter, the red boxed basic set came out. Looked by and large the same, but that led to Expert and... whatever the third one was in that set. By then, I think I had the players handbook, DMG, and Monster Manual. Good times! I must have been eight or nine when I first found DnD.

Another OH: I'm sure most of these interviews are done by email. ...And everyone's style is different in speech than in writing. :grin:

Edited by Aristes