Please use R1 button for primary fire in the ps3 version of Alpha Protocol

Hey Obsidian!

PS3 owners like R1 for primary fire. (i.e. Killzone 2, Uncharted 1/2, Call of Duty 4, Metal Gear solid 4, warhawk, Unreal 3, Resistance, Fallout 3 etc etc )

Reason is ever since the ps1 and ps2 era us playstation gamers have been using R1 for our shooting button and not the R2 button.

So please. PLEASE make R1 for primary fire a default control setting in the Playstation 3 version of Alpha Protocol OR at LEAST make it an option in the controller settings. Nothing wrong with giving the players their preferred controls!!!

thank you for reading and please..please dont make me beg :lol:

This is such an odd and specific request. I'm not making fun of you, but I'm curious, are there games that have made a different button the fire button for PS3? It seems like if it's such a convention, they would do it that way anyhow. I guess it never hurts to make sure, though.

This is such an odd and specific request. I'm not making fun of you, but I'm curious, are there games that have made a different button the fire button for PS3? It seems like if it's such a convention, they would do it that way anyhow. I guess it never hurts to make sure, though.

360 games generally use the R2 trigger button for shootin'. The only PS3 game I've played is MGS4, and it took to me a while to get used to using R1 instead, but it made sense considering how wonky the triggers on the PS3 felt.

I guess it's more a request that PS3 controls not be a simple conversion of the 360 controls.

Dear Obsidian,

PC owners like the left mouse button for primary fire. Please use this in Alpha Protocol, but also give us the opportunity to change and control input key we want to.

Thanks! Luv teh Cratez!

Dear Obsidian,

PC owners like the left mouse button for primary fire. Please use this in Alpha Protocol, but also give us the opportunity to change and control input key we want to.

Thanks! Luv teh Cratez!

Please, Obs isn't Konami.

Dear Obsidian,

Thanks! Luv teh Cratez!

Please, Obs isn't Konami.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I know that. Don't suppose the guy won, did he?

I don't know, but one would assume it takes more than that to win such a prestigious contest as Superstar: Kazakhstan.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I demand the select button summon a giant crate kitten.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

alot of people i know that play ps3 prefer r1 button for shooter type games, and hope you guys woul least have the option to change the controller setup to use it

Some Trolls, arnt looking for anything logical, they cant be questioned, talked to, reasoned or negosiated with, some trolls just want watch the forums burn

I would like to make the request that we be allowed to name our save games.

I mean, wtf about that? It's hardly a new concept.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.