So when does something like this happen to Josh?

Oerwinde

It's no wonder so many studios go bankrupt because of such unnecessary luxury.

It's sand.

Luxury.

[/fakeyorkshireaccent]

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

• 2 weeks later...
You can't go bankrupt when you farm spice melange as your part time job in your office.

You CAN go bankrupt when you have your developer's legs bitten off by shai hulud.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why, but Obsidian is really pretty restrained when it comes to ludicrous pranks. Outside of the obvious ones, like tape over the sensor on an optical mouse, or screenshotting someones desktop, putting the screenshot as their wallpaper and hiding away all their icons.

Actually, late in Storm of Zehir I decided that I was going to accumulate a pyramid of diet coke cans and not recycle them until the game shipped. It ended up growing about four or five feet tall, and mysteriously ended up on Tony Evans' (lead designer) desk. I also created my own mod where I swapped out the main theme music for Tony's theme by the Pixies.

But nothing as elaborate as filling someone's office with sand.

I don't know why, but Obsidian is really pretty restrained when it comes to ludicrous pranks. Outside of the obvious ones, like tape over the sensor on an optical mouse, or screenshotting someones desktop, putting the screenshot as their wallpaper and hiding away all their icons.

I find the replacing only a few icons tends to work better. Most people I've tried this with tend to figure it out pretty quickly when none of the icons work, but when it's only a couple icons they tend to get tripped up much more. Takes longer before they get hit by it, but the delay is worth it.

I find the replacing only a few icons tends to work better. Most people I've tried this with tend to figure it out pretty quickly when none of the icons work, but when it's only a couple icons they tend to get tripped up much more. Takes longer before they get hit by it, but the delay is worth it.

And this is why you always lock your desktop when you leave your desk, people.

Words of wisdom :sorcerer:

We pulled a prank once on a fellow student at university. One guy left his work station unattended for a while and somebody (not me) modified his logout script to send cheesy love letters to a list of female students. It took a while for him to realise why he was getting an increasing number of hostile stares when walking around :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That's cruel. And yet oddly amusing.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

When I was in school we did a lot of stuff to people who didn't lock their machine. Mostly switching their desktop to tubgirl or something equally horrifying, but one time one guy went on another guy's MSN and told his girlfriend the sex was lousy.

Revenge was had when the perpetrator left his machine unlocked and the victim came out of the closet to random people on MSN for him in some pretty convincing conversations.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup: So true.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!