Pistol gunsight

It looks kind of goofy, I think. I hope they're not incredibly good, because I'd rather not use one, it would make me feel silly.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

During one of the gameplay videos, the weapon mod was named "pistol laser sight" or something like that, and it was a scope on top of a pistol. That's just silly. Pistols don't use scopes.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

If the mod was called 'pistol laser sight', uh, wouldn't it more likely be a laser sight, instead of a scope?

That's what I thought, as well.

But it's not.

Well I guess it's just a big laser sight then. I'm not a gun expert, but I think they have like the dinky small laser pointers for hand guns, but they also have much larger and more powerful xenon laser scopes as well. Just saying, it might be modeled after a real-life laser scope and so therefore it may look silly but is actually somewhat realistic.

2 seconds of googling later:

http://www.szwholesale.com/tactical-20mw-g...0mw-p-1723.html

Something like that could conceivably be put on a hand gun, I believe.

Edited by kreese12

During one of the gameplay videos, the weapon mod was named "pistol laser sight" or something like that, and it was a scope on top of a pistol. That's just silly. Pistols don't use scopes.

Yes, they can. Pistol scopes can be mounted on revolvers or semi-autos and typically have a much lower magnification than rifle scopes. Pistol scopes are often used for hunting.

Yes, they can. Pistol scopes can be mounted on revolvers or semi-autos and typically have a much lower magnification than rifle scopes. Pistol scopes are often used for hunting.

They look incredibly goofy. Will we have the option of a simple laser sight mounted under the barrel?

They look incredibly goofy.

humungus2.jpg

I would love to be able to put a scope on a .44 magnum(like the one above) or a .454 casull revolver, especially because revolvers are more accurate over long distances when firing slowly* anyways. I just want a revolver, period.

*Semi-autos generally have a barrel built into a moving mechanism designed to harness recoil. Great for reducing recoil and producing a faster rate of fire, less good for long range shooting.