Do the two different takedowns (lethal and nonlethal) have different gameplay effects? That is, will unconscious guards be able to be woken up by other guards, will dead guards trigger alarms when discovered, etc?

Opinions are the root of all evil.

I would hope that unconscious guards trigger alarms when discovered, too!

"Oh look, Charlie took a nap in the middle of his patrol route. And his neck is all purple. Let's just let him sleep."

At the very least, I believe it is tracked for the purposes of certain perks (e.g., you can gain certain benefits for being a cold-blooded killer and different benefits for master of the sleeper hold) and for NPC/faction influence for how some missions are completed. I don't know whether there are in-game differences between corpses and the merely unconscious.

Do the two different takedowns (lethal and nonlethal) have different gameplay effects? That is, will unconscious guards be able to be woken up by other guards, will dead guards trigger alarms when discovered, etc?

I would suspect so but yet again I'm not a developer or moderator so I wouldn't kno but I'm guessing that if u knock out/kill a guard and u DONT hide the body under a desk or something I think they would set off alarms or raise guard awareness If they be found! But hopefully u would kno to hide dead/unconscious guards in a very dark corner or closet or under a desk or something...

Edited by mike kills you