Graphics Card Issues

I'll just tell you my problem first, then give you my specs. The game is already installed and everything but doesn't get past the first 2 opening 'logo headers.' Just wanting to know if my Graphics Card is actually not supported. This would be a major help as I've been at this for a bit now.

Thanks in advanced!

------------------

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp.060411-1541)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: 965P-S3

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1022MB RAM

Page File: 515MB used, 1944MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

Chip type: GeForce 7300 GT

Quick Heads up, it tells me that i haven't met the 'recommended' requirements only in the area of my Graphics card, Even then it crashes in game with the windows error, but i never get past the first 2 opening screens.

That pretty much what im getting

I had the exact same problem and it was driving me nuts. I did finally figure it out and fixed it. I have XP Pro with a GEForce 8400 card which WAY more than meets requirements. It's like the game can't recognize the card's numbering system and says it doesn't meet requirements. It of course ran fine first try on my husband's computer.

What I finally figured out and what worked like a charm for me is:

1. Right-click your KOTR2 icon on your desktop

2. Left-click on properties

3. Go to the compatibility tab

4. Check the box Run this Game in Compatibility mode, select Windows 2000 from the dropdown box, hit Apply and OK

5. Retry your game

My windows login is also part of the Adminstrator group on my local computer so I didn't have any rights issue problems.

Happy gaming!

Sorry for such a late reply.

Thanks Oriwalker for the advice,

Apparently the game that i have is like version 2 or something. Don't ask me why... just what it is on the disk, i tried running it in compatibility 2000, which seems to stay alive for a bit longer, but only enough to see the cursor, and black background. then once again crashes. i'll tweak around to see if it'll get anywhere!