Please, please, please make this game difficult in hard mode

I think, in hard mode at least, health pools should be vastly lowered or damage vastly increased, for both Mike and his enemies. I hate being able to soak 15 bullets to the chest, or shooting an enemy in the face 20 times before he drops to the ground.

In addition, hard mode AI should actively search for Mike when alerted to his presence (looking behind cover, etc.), and actively try to move to get an open shot if they know his exact position. I hate passive AI that stands there waiting for you to do something.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Starcraft Ghost is still on hold. I think the we can safely say its just another way to say "cancelled".

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Starcraft Ghost is still on hold. I think the we can safely say its just another way to say "cancelled".

yeah the longer that passes the more likely it is that it's cancelled as opposed to being on hold, but if the being on hold news is true i'd still say there's fair hope for The Crossing, enough about it is familiar that it makes the game approachable while also doing a number of things both in story and gameplay differently enough to make it interesting, then factor in the its association with Valve, and lastly on a more anecdotal note it'd be hella off if Arkane have managed to release Dark Messiah but never get to release The Crossing(though i think DM was considered a failure and could have damaged Arkane's reputation to the point of making it harder to make another game)

Edited by Mirren

It's really sad that it was considered a failure, because in many ways it was damn fine game. It just needed better level design.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The problem with the level design is that it turned the kick key into an autowin button. The game just became too easy and unbalanced.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Nope, level design. Cliffs, metal spikes, breakable beams.

Then again, the intention was to kill stuff using the physics engine, and it's not like you were forced to use kicking. I mostly used it to keep enemies from ganging up on me.

The problem with the level design is that it turned the kick key into an autowin button. The game just became too easy and unbalanced.

It wasn't much good against a couple of vampire knights, or when you're surrounded and became easily winded (that burning city fight near the end, against 8 or so ghouls). The least fun I had in DM was in levels that didn't allow much kick or attacks using the environment, like the damn spider temple and the parts with those floating squid ****ers. Staff + kick frenzy is some of the most fun I've had in an FPS.

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

yeah GFW gave it a D+ and opened the review with "These boots were made for kicking", i suppose it didn't help that the game had built considerable amount of hype in the run up to its release and then was released with technical problems of a level unusual even for a PC game and too much focus on the physics aspect of the gameplay, still imagine the swordplay/combat of DM with open world and RPG depth of Oblivion, if that had been the case i'd still be playing Dark Oblivion now, has anyone played the 360 version of DM and if so how does it compare to the PC version?