Some new info about the World of Darkness MMORPG

Not a ton but some is better then nothing at this point. See the front page news.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

The link is in his signature.

Wow that's sneaky, real sneaky.

It is, I missed it at first as well. I think Harlequin means trickster.

I once looked it up in a dictionary, iirc it said dance performing clown. But I guess that's just one of many definitions.

The link is in his signature.

Wow that's sneaky, real sneaky.

It is, I missed it at first as well. I think Harlequin means trickster.

I once looked it up in a dictionary, iirc it said dance performing clown. But I guess that's just one of many definitions.

Apologizes, didn't mean to cause so much confusion, didn't think my sig was 'sneaky' :(

With that said we also are going to have a reporter from the site attend GDC Europe. CCP stated at this event in aug they would have a 'next gen game announcement' many folks think this is going to be the official kick off of the WoD MMORPG.

As for Harlequin, those are more modern definitions but correct. However the original meaning of the word (and why I choose it) is defined as 'one who is in utter despair and joy at the same time.' Hence the harlequin masks you still see in some theaters, the masks of one laughing and other crying.

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

As for Harlequin, those are more modern definitions but correct. However the original meaning of the word (and why I choose it) is defined as 'one who is in utter despair and joy at the same time.' Hence the harlequin masks you still see in some theaters, the masks of one laughing and other crying.

Hehe, cool, didn't know this one.

Hey, Hurley did an article for that site. Right on, dude!

Hurlshot is one of my staff members :(

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Hey, Hurley did an article for that site. Right on, dude!

Huh, wadda you know.

@Hurlshot: Are you somehow affiliated with that developer?

Nope, just interested in the game, and Harlequin was looking for a newshound so I volunteered. So far it's been pretty quiet, but I think the site will pick up a lot with the official announcement.

The setting is very intriguing, but it's ultimately the execution and core mechanic that will make or break the game for me.

I want to be able to first stake the vampires, then cut their heads off and fill their mouths with holy wafers and holy water.

It also sucks that WoD vamps can enter homes uninvited and cross running water :p

Well if Vamps are playable I suppose it would suck mightily if you couldn't cross a puddle water.

It's only moving water, so they could have used it to block off certain areas from vamps (like the beginning area for humans).

Since the reboot, WoD sucks the big fat one. So I'm not expecting much.

And think of the hordes of Twilight and Underworld fans... *shudder*

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

1: You have to put garlic between the head and body too, you forgot that.

2: Who says you can't pick up those flaws at character creation? :lol:

My vampire slaying skills aren't what they used to be...

Different vampire flaws sounds pretty cool.

I predict three big bombs with Blizzard's next MMO walking away with the money.

CCP is hopefully setting their expectations realistically. They are the developers of Eve Online, so they know how to take a smaller subscription base and make a successful product. I really doubt they are looking at challenging Blizzard for sales.

I imagine they will compete with the Secret World MMO more than either Blizzard or Bioware.

Why do I keep reading statements that make the MMO genre seem like a winner take all deathmatch?