Wii games advice

Morgoth

I got one yesterday from my lovely sister as my birthday gift, but I'm not sure what games I should try.

Resident Evil 4 seems to be the obvious choice, since I never could finish it on PC but would likely do so with improved headshot ability now (Wiimote).

Mario Galaxy gets raving reviews, but from the looks of it I'll stay away from it.

How is Okami and RE: Umbrella Chronicles btw? Or the Zelda Twilight Princess?

I got one yesterday from my lovely sister as my birthday gift, but I'm not sure what games I should try.

Resident Evil 4 seems to be the obvious choice, since I never could finish it on PC but would likely do so with improved headshot ability now (Wiimote).

Mario Galaxy gets raving reviews, but from the looks of it I'll stay away from it.

How is Okami and RE: Umbrella Chronicles btw? Or the Zelda Twilight Princess?

Twilight princess is good if you like Zelda, although in my opinion it is a little to Japanese (weird in places).

But personally I think that the only "must have" game for the entire console is Mario Galaxy.

Okami is supposedly good but from what I have heard the PS2 version is better.

Edited by mrmud

I think Zelda's fabulous (then again, I'm a Zelda fan and even really liked Windwaker). Okami is very good imo, but hampered a bit by the imprecise control and the need of fighting a lot (I'd like to run around without being disturbed by monsters...). I also like Red Steel and Dragon Blade, while they may not be "good games", they drag me in thanks to the Wiimote control. I've yet to play Dragon Quest: Swords. There's a lot of classics to get via download (Donkey Kong Country! Secret of Mana!), even from systems like NeoGeo and turbografx. And I play Cube games on it, but iirc you already got a Gamecube, don't you?

Oh, and there's Puzzle Quest. But that's on every console and on PC as well ;)

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Ok, here are some that i personally like (minus mario galaxy since you said you didn't want it)

Twilight Princess, Mad World, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Punch Out, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and Madden 09 Wii (i personally am not a fan of sports games but it really uses the Wii controls well and the 5 on 5 deformed people football is surprisingly fun)

Also you can purchase a lot of old Nintendo, Sega, and other games for cheap on the virtual console. Sure you can get emulators and play them for free, but i personally feel that if you really like the game you should support the company that makes it.

The Wiifit is a pretty awesome device. I wish there were more games that made use of it, but the game that comes with it is solid. I know a few folks who used it to lose weight as well.

Mariokart is fantastic too.

Okami for the Wii is okay, though I'd highly recommend it for the PS2, concerning reasons stated above. Mario Galaxy is fun, a lot say it's as good as Mario 64 but you'll have to decide for yourself. I recommend it. No more heroes and super smash bros brawl are also good.

Pretty much everything I have has been listed already except for Zack and Wiki. It's a fun little puzzle game, but the cartoonish appearance turns some people off the game. I'd yell at everyone for not having mentioned Metroid Prime yet, but the New Play Control version is coming out as a trilogy with all three games for $50 at the end of August. The Conduit should be out at the end of this month as well.

Try MadWorld or No More Heroes if you feel artsy.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Well, if you don't like MadWorld, or No More Heroes, or Super Mario Galaxy, there's really no point in owning a Wii.

Just my 2 cents.

But to be on topic, I personally highly recommend MadWorld, No More Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami, Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure, World of Goo, Punch-Out!!, Mega Man 9, and Super Paper Mario.

Seriously, give games a chance before you judge them.

Well, if you don't like MadWorld, or No More Heroes, or Super Mario Galaxy, there's really no point in owning a Wii.

I'm not going to sell my birthday present now, that may insult my sister. But just because I don't like Madworld and NMH, doesn't mean there aren't other cool games to look forward to.

But to be on topic, I personally highly recommend MadWorld, No More Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami, Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure, World of Goo, Punch-Out!!, Mega Man 9, and Super Paper Mario.

No, No, Maybe, Yes, Probably, Perhaps, No, No, No and No.

Tried Metroid 3?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"