We need a Star Trek RPG

Jaesun

This is one of my top 5 favorite setting for a game. I've always wanted say a KotoR like experience but in say the Star Trek universe.

So here is my plan. Since OEI is now buddy buddy with Bethesda now, and since Bethesda has the right's to Star Trek Games (I don't fully understand the scope of the Star Trek rights Beth/Zenimax have, other than that one game they made via a different studio, I'll just *assume* they could approach Universal with the idea), all OEI needs to do is a Prototype and pitch this to Beth/Zenimax. And with Feargus' 150% Speech Skill, I think it could be done!

The setting could take place after 2269 (The end of Season 3 in ToS), and feature all new people. You could still have some references to the original Star Trek cast members and maybe a cameo or 2.

A Star Trek RPG would be PURE AWESOME!

Star trek is too goofy to be real gritty sci fi, it's the costumes and the pointy ears and the crappy design of many of the alien races. The TV heritage doesn't quite wash off even in the new movie, which wasn't bad.

If exorcized of everything George Lucas, the Star Wars universe can be pretty cool. It's not particularly realistic but it works.

image_splash.jpg

292px-Neelix2371.jpg

medium_2007_10_08_klingon.jpg

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It should probably be about exploration and not about killing Klingons/Borg. It could be pretty fun if it had a bunch of random "mishaps" happen during travel ranging from hot alien aboard to tribble infestation to warpcore going nuclear.

This is one of my top 5 favorite setting for a game. I've always wanted say a KotoR like experience but in say the Star Trek universe.

So here is my plan. Since OEI is now buddy buddy with Bethesda now, and since Bethesda has the right's to Star Trek Games (I don't fully understand the scope of the Star Trek rights Beth/Zenimax have, other than that one game they made via a different studio, I'll just *assume* they could approach Universal with the idea), all OEI needs to do is a Prototype and pitch this to Beth/Zenimax. And with Feargus' 150% Speech Skill, I think it could be done!

The setting could take place after 2269 (The end of Season 3 in ToS), and feature all new people. You could still have some references to the original Star Trek cast members and maybe a cameo or 2.

You are my hero.

...and the guy who said Shadowrun, you're in my wolf pack.

Free games updated 3/4/21

It should probably be about exploration and not about killing Klingons/Borg. It could be pretty fun if it had a bunch of random "mishaps" happen during travel ranging from hot alien aboard to tribble infestation to warpcore going nuclear.

I'd prefer something more alike to Deep Space: Nine. Getting thrown on some remote planet/space station and dealing with pretty much everything ranging from political intrigue, over-sexed Betazoids to an alien threat from an unknown part of the galaxy for instance the obscure Tholian Assembly or the Breen.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I think Beth is finished with Star Trek games, they've shut down their Trek forums and said nothing about using the licence any more. But in the realm of dreams, a Star Trek RPG by Obsidian would be beyond awesome, because it would be about the characters, not the starships, which every other publisher/developer seems to think was the point of Trek.

Also got to say, BSG would be awesome.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I think Beth is finished with Star Trek games, they've shut down their Trek forums and said nothing about using the licence any more. But in the realm of dreams, a Star Trek RPG by Obsidian would be beyond awesome, because it would be about the characters, not the starships, which every other publisher/developer seems to think was the point of Trek.

Also got to say, BSG would be awesome.

Think of the influx of Star Trek fanboys, it would be horrible.

BSG fell on its face with the finale, it is dead to me.

I'd prefer something more alike to Deep Space: Nine. Getting thrown on some remote planet/space station and dealing with pretty much everything ranging from political intrigue, over-sexed Betazoids to an alien threat from an unknown part of the galaxy for instance the obscure Tholian Assembly or the Breen.

A Deep Space 9 type scenario would be my first choice as well but I think something resembling the original series would be an easier sell due to the movie's success.

Free games updated 3/4/21

That makes me wonder... was there an influx of Star Wars fanboys on this board or BioWare boards when the KOTORs were in development?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Screw Star Trek, give me a Green Lantern Corps RPG.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I like Deep Space 9, and I've generally enjoyed Star Trek over the years, but the setting is horrible. As long as the devs don't dwell on the pie in the sky utopian crapfest that underpins everything in the Star Trek universe, I'd be happy to play the game.

Gritty? Star Trek is one step above Pollyanna on the Grit scale. Nevertheless, the writers have made some good use of the setting.

I'm far more interested that Shadowrun idea or even the Green Lantern RPG. Hell, if we forget the latest Terminator movie (only because it takes the series to new levels of goofiness) then a Terminator RPG could be really fun. How about a (well done) Cthulu RPG? huh? huh? How about that?!

How about a (well done) Cthulu RPG? huh? huh? How about that?!

That could be awesome if the writers were familiar with the setting and used the sanity system really well. There would need to be a balance between being curious about stuff and losing sanity. Combat should probably be deadly and a last resort.

Yeah, like the PnP RPG. You don't go into a Cthulu game expecting to kick ass and name names. You go in expecting to run like hell and hope you don't hear any true names. :p

Yup, Call of Cthulhu RPG: where the dead are the lucky ones and a TPK is the best ending you can hope.

The whole 1920s era is criminally underused...

Edited by Purkake

I think Beth is finished with Star Trek games, they've shut down their Trek forums and said nothing about using the licence any more.

Damn! My plan was 100% flawless! Well maybe Feargus and his 150% Speech Skill can approach some other people to get this done!

And I like that Deep Space Nine as a location. That could be rather cool!

Only if they started arguing over the exact measurements of a ships nacelles and the fact Obsidian got it wrong by .2cm.

BSG fell on its face with the finale, it is dead to me.

While I wasn't impressed with the last episode, it don't cancel out 4 seasons of Sci-Fi goodness.

dude, we are already here :p

:geek:

I'd prefer something more alike to Deep Space: Nine.

A Deep Space 9 type scenario would be my first choice

And I like that Deep Space Nine as a location. That could be rather cool!

Stop it! Your going to make me cry. ;(

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif