We need a Star Trek RPG

Jaesun

Just imagine the setting possibilities we'd have now. Discovery, Picard, Kelvin... we could space dive onto a mobile plasma drill that can dig a stable tunnel in the molten core of planets, jump through the entirety of existence in an instant, hire or possibly play a Noldor Romulan warrior nun, fight Klingorks on a jihad, destroy planets with red matter and maybe stop a supernova from threatening the entire galaxy. Who else wants a quick time event where you control Spock as he's beating the manure out of Khan? ac-tired.gif

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

18 hours ago, 213374U said:

Has anyone ever told you that you have a gift for killing dreams.

If I were a boss in Hollow Knight I could have "Elder God of Dead Dreams" as my moniker. :p

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 hour ago, Skazz said:

The surveying phase in Stellaris is the closest thing to a Star Trek video game experience. Fight me.

I played New Horizons for a bit, but then 2.2 dropped and the whole game went down the ****ter. It was a fantastic experience -probably the best ST game I've played- and things like that make me wonder what the video games industry landscape would look like if IP use restrictions were revised with regards to non-profit work. As it stands, projects like that are always one bad c&d letter from oblivion.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

3 hours ago, Skazz said:

The surveying phase in Stellaris is the closest thing to a Star Trek video game experience. Fight me.

Oh yeah. I have been watching StarTrek for the first time (TNG to be exact) for the last couple months, and Stellaris got reinstalled for that very reason. 

Your post made me do a quadruple take

And then bust out laughing

And then start crying because you and majestic might be right since they'd likely have to be as awful as new Trek has been so far

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

What about The Orville RPG then 😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I would give a 1000 gold-pressed latinum for a proper Star Trek single player RPG, but only if Ferengi are a playable race.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I wouldn't trust Bethesda to make an rpg. It be like their others games, minimal story, large empty world..and the rest 'Go make mod to fill it for us'' and charge you full price for half assed product that CRASH, Labelled FRAGILE. 

I say if anyone can do it, Obsidian. Save for Pillar of eternity: Deadfire that dissapointed me, I liked POE1 and Tyranny and they always delievered in the story up to that point. 

As for whoever asked for a shadowrun game. There are 3 of them ''Shadowrun Return, Shadowrun Dragonfall, and Shadowrun Hong Kong'' . And they are ALL Awesome! Highly recommand them! 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

8 hours ago, E.RedMark said:

As for whoever asked for a shadowrun game. There are 3 of them ''Shadowrun Return, Shadowrun Dragonfall, and Shadowrun Hong Kong'' . And they are ALL Awesome! Highly recommand them! 

Since you brought them up, I would not be opposed to Harebrained Schemes making a Star Trek RPG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

28 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Does Paradox make licensed games?

I mostly stick to CK2 and Stellaris

Can Paradox make every single Star Trek species into a separate DLC and charge for it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Does Paradox make licensed games?

I mostly stick to CK2 and Stellaris

Yeah, they mostly stick to CK2 and Stellaris, too. 

They might publish it, even if they would almost assuredly not make it themselves. Paradox Development Studio is exclusively grand strategy.

• Thanks 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't think we need a Star Trek RPG. My reasoning is that the probability of it being a colossal failure is simply too big. For instance, we certainly didn't need a trilogy of movies about The Hobbit, there was nothing worthwhile about them (though I only watched the first, which put me off the other two). We didn't need practically any of the licensed computer games we've had through the years -- the overwhelming majority of them were quite poor.

Original ideas tend to be a lot better. The Star Trek universe would be a massive constraint -- both creatively and (I'm quite sure) contractually. I know that BG2 did exist in a universe that was already there, but it was not in movies, TV series or anything like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1