We need a Star Trek RPG

Jaesun

am wanting a star trek crpg 'bout as much as we is looking forward to a serious case of jock itch.
Whatever would we do without your exuberant enthusiasm?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

am wanting a star trek crpg 'bout as much as we is looking forward to a serious case of jock itch.

am not certain, but am guessing that a handful o' you would be locked in a serious debate 'bout how transporter technology is plausible/implausible.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Does anyone, honestly, think that a developer given the Star Trek licence to play with would be allowed to craft a deep, rich CRPG that allowed the player to have much fun as a Klingon or Romulan as it would a pointy-eared Star Fleet tech officer?

Clearly it wasn't disingenuous. If you think my comments lacked sincerity then I'm not sure what to think.

disingenuous with the meaning "playfully insincere, faux-na

sonsofgygax.JPG

am not certain, but am guessing that a handful o' you would be locked in a serious debate 'bout how transporter technology is plausible/implausible.

HA! Good Fun!

Aww, Grommy. Don't be so grumpy. We've already had plenty of that. Surely a few rabid canon deathmatches every now and then aren't that bad!

Besides, everyone knows that transporter tech is a very accepted and plausible element of the franchise. Time travel on the other hand... OMG lame!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Does anyone, honestly, think that a developer given the Star Trek licence to play with would be allowed to craft a deep, rich CRPG that allowed the player to have much fun as a Klingon or Romulan as it would a pointy-eared Star Fleet tech officer?

Clearly it wasn't disingenuous. If you think my comments lacked sincerity then I'm not sure what to think.

disingenuous with the meaning "playfully insincere, faux-na

Aww, Grommy. Don't be so grumpy. We've already had plenty of that. Surely a few rabid canon deathmatches every now and then aren't that bad!
lolz, threads like that are probably why Chris never posts anymore.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Started reading that old thread, hilariously pathetic. :(

I would be happy if they actually made a good Star Trek game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I would be happy if they actually made a good Star Trek game.

I hate to sound repetitive, but...

How strange, then, that there were so many good ST games to come out of Interplay in the 1990s/early 2000s, and indeed generally - The 25th Anniversary, Elite Force/2, The Fallen, the Starfleet Command series, Armada/2, etc.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I haven't heard of those games, so I don't know if you're being facetious or not. Were those good games? I mean, I don't like the Star Trek setting in particular, but I don't turn my nose at a good game either.

Command was the only game I thought wasn't just a reskin overall...

Eliteforce was a generic shooter with a star trek skin, and armada was the same thing but with RTS mechanics. They did have a few unique things but the most remarkable about them that I remember is the star trek decour, and (in Armada) a new resource.

but Command actually had you running around as the captain of a ship doing missions and trying to save the universe etc. More combat than a season of trek in it, but it was overall pretty good (if complicated).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

To be fair, EF2 had the whole tricorder thing, which was cool and rather different. And probably a load of other stuff I can't remember. Mu PC at the time only just met the minimum requirements, IIRC. And lag in an FPS is no fun.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

• 10 years later...