Max Payne 3

Purkake

The Fall of Max Payne indeed. Looks like a rapist that just busted out of prison.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

A little information for the uninitiated:

Max Payne 3 will be made by Rockstar and not the original developer Remedy, the writer(s) and voice actor are different. Apparently no noir style and stuff taking place in daylight.

Pretty much milking the franchise and turning it into a generic shooter. Poor Max, hasn't he suffered enough?

Edited by Purkake

00273ad87d24f6ae71847b4787290126.jpg

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Wow, the writing in that comic was a lot better than in the games. Where are all the terrible similes and metaphors?

"The sun went down like an egg being cooked on a skillet, then flipped over and turned into an omelette."

"He screamed like a tornado moving over a whistle factory."

To think you would wind up missing that. No seriously, they can't do this with another narrator. It just would't be Max Payne in anything but name, but maybe that's exactly the point.

Its like one of those crappy games made on a movie where they spent all the money buying the licence and shat the game out as an afterthought.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I knew something like this would happen once Remedy was out of the picture.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That comic was right on the mark; you can only laugh.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I am by no means a console shooter fan, but the voiceover and ridiculously over-the-top Raymond Chandlerisms kept me entertained for far longer than I would have expected going into Max Payne.

Rockstar are awesome and I think the new design is even more awesome than they are.

Burnsauce, fatboys.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

There was a Max Payne 2?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

There was a Max Payne 2?

It was called Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.

(unless you were sarcastic, in which case shame on you! MP 2 was a good game with a nice ending.)

Edited by Purkake

Looks too emo.

It totally was.

edit: I don't really get why people are upset. It was a solid game, but far from classic status.

So now emos look like Bruce Willis instead of Tokio Hotel? Great, the world really deserves to burn now.

It totally was.

edit: I don't really get why people are upset. It was a solid game, but far from classic status.

It's one of the few noir style games and as weird as the writing is at times, it pulls it off. Also it was THE bullet time game, Remedy actually held the trademark for it at one point. It wasn't perfect, but it's certainly a classic.

Edited by Purkake

Looks too emo.

It totally was.

So now emos look like Bruce Willis instead of Tokio Hotel? Great, the world really deserves to burn now.

This post is too emo.

What's this about Emus?

I thought the idea behind Max Payne was good, but I only had one of the games. It was Max Payne 2 on the Xbox. I have since ditched my xbox since I could never get the hang of the xbox controller, especially for shooters. I have been thinking of getting the first two games for PC, though.