Party Members Broken

This is my first time playing Kotor 2, and I knew that it was buggy, but I had no idea how bad. After fighting the five handmaidens in the Telos Academy, Kreia and Bau-Dur, my two other party members at the time, completely stopped responding. They stay frozen in place and refuse to move, fight, or talk. Their portraits have disappeared in the corner of the screen, so I cannot switch to them. I thought maybe it would right itself if I changed zones, but they remain completely unresponsive on the Ebon Hawk, and if I use them in my party while on a planet.

Also, when I try to duel Handmaiden, neither of us can lose. Both of our health bars deplete, but neither of us will fall and the only way to end the fight is to use force powers or weapons and break the rules.

I was really enjoying this game, but then it completely self destructed after Telos, and is practically unplayable. Is there any way to fix these problems?

What system do you run the game one and what is your OS? I have never encountered these troubles myself to be honest :| And I've played this game for years on many many many occasions

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

What system do you run the game one and what is your OS? I have never encountered these troubles myself to be honest :| And I've played this game for years on many many many occasions

I'm playing on an XP box with a 2.16 dual core intel processor, 1 gb ram, and an Nvidia Geforce 7600. And yeah, it's a pretty weird problem, but I cant seem to get around it. Sadly, I think I may have no choice to but to just abandon the game.

• 3 weeks later...
This is my first time playing Kotor 2, and I knew that it was buggy, but I had no idea how bad. After fighting the five handmaidens in the Telos Academy, Kreia and Bau-Dur, my two other party members at the time, completely stopped responding. They stay frozen in place and refuse to move, fight, or talk. Their portraits have disappeared in the corner of the screen, so I cannot switch to them. I thought maybe it would right itself if I changed zones, but they remain completely unresponsive on the Ebon Hawk, and if I use them in my party while on a planet.

Also, when I try to duel Handmaiden, neither of us can lose. Both of our health bars deplete, but neither of us will fall and the only way to end the fight is to use force powers or weapons and break the rules.

I was really enjoying this game, but then it completely self destructed after Telos, and is practically unplayable. Is there any way to fix these problems?

Easy about Handmaiden. Go do a planet. Due to a bug that I also experienced, you cannot damage Handmaiden until after you go to a planet and do a few things. Doesn't matter which. :sorcerer:

Easy about Handmaiden. Go do a planet. Due to a bug that I also experienced, you cannot damage Handmaiden until after you go to a planet and do a few things. Doesn't matter which. :sorcerer:

KotOR II is glitchy and buggy because the programmers refused to fix the great amount of errors on the game. I've come across a lot of this BS for this game, and I have to admit I've probably seen more crash windows than my total play time combined.

deicideLogo5.jpg

KotOR II is glitchy and buggy because the programmers refused to fix the great amount of errors on the game. I've come across a lot of this BS for this game, and I have to admit I've probably seen more crash windows than my total play time combined.

Don't spread FUD. The "programmers" didn't refuse to do anything, LucasArts did.

I've never heard of this particular glitch and like Rycal, I've played through this game more times than I can count. Usually when the game does something odd like that, you need to re-load an old save from before it happened and try again. Since this seems to have occurred in the vicinity of the Telos Academy, I wonder: did you happen to encounter the "cheat node" glitch before this happened? If so, that might be the source of the problem. The only way to correct that is to re-load the save from just prior to entering the Academy, then when the Handmaidens confront you just inside the Academy, do not give up your weapons immediately. Instead, choose one of the other conversation options, then give up your weapons.

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

No, it isn't useful. Actually, it is a dead end for your current game. Somebody once put out a fix for it, but it doesn't seem to be where I downloaded it in the past. Mind you, the fix needs to be in place before going to Telos. If you already encountered the cheat node, it does you no good.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

With the Academy one, if you run into it, the game will not progress any further and you will be stuck there. That is what makes it a dead end. It is very easy to cause, you just need to enter the Academy and immediately surrender your weapons when the Handmaidens confront you. Progress through the story bit, then you will be stuck at the cheat node.

BTW - I get the impression that you think "cheat node" means that it is some kind of secret in the game (i.e. a "cheat" in the classic sense). This is not what it is. It is actually a leftover bit of debug code from the game's development. It should have been removed after the game was finished with the development/testing process, but it was not, hence why it leads to a complete dead end.

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

I thought it was a cheat because of it's entry on IGN, my favorite cheat site. What about the Jekk Jekk Tarr one?

AFAIK, its the same deal, just a bit of leftover debug code, except it might allow you into an unused cut area of the game. It still dead ends though.

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg