BREAKING NEWS: VALVE SELLS OUT

ROFLASMGKASJGKASHGKA This is completely hilarious.

I was browsing the internet looking for new versions of Left 4 Dead to buy. Look what I stumble onto: LEFT 4 DEAD GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION

What is it?

It's basically just Left 4 Dead. But wait, there's more! It also includes two new Versus maps and a brand new Survival mode. Well, that's great! Only - wait, this is the funny part - this is already included as a *FREE* patch for the vanilla game. To add insult to injury, they have the gall to charge you - the gamer - 10$ more than the vanilla game. That's right, advertising the game as brand new, adding in FREE content, and then charging 10$ more for it. I've had enough of developers hyping all kinds of BS, when it's actually nothing new at all. There is absolutely NOTHING new about L4D GOTY edition, and there is absolutely nothing to warrant charging full retail price AND 10$ on top of that, except for the hype the developers have been creating for this shovelware version.

They could have just sticked to the original. Do we really need this? The patch updates can be downloaded anytime from the official site and the Survival mode is already included in the free patch (they can thus be ignored).

We have been waiting for a sequel for some time now, and all they have been doing is milking the same game again and again.

Common, this is just a patch and a new mode (which could be crappy by the way). Does this justify a re-release? Certainly not. I admit that the original patch did add to the game but this thing is just worthless and not even worth the hype (yes, they are hyping this as a something new, but it isn't anything extraordinary - after all, IT IS THE EXACT SAME PATCH). As some people have stated on the Codex thread, the company may be doing this just to avoid seeing the game fall in the bargain bin.

I find this whole commercial move to be ridiculous, and it is time they move on to a new project. Most of the people interested in Left 4 Dead games have already bought or played the game, so I don't think this new version will have any significant impact on the company's sales. Left 4 Dead is reaching its end cycle and it's time for a sequel...

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Here are some customer testimonies:

I agree, it's good news - I might even buy another boxed copy and give my version to a friend.

I already bought both the regular and the shovelware 360 version. Not buying a third.

It does seem a bit like they are trying to make a living by repackaging the same game over and over again. :/

SOmething new plz.

Hadescopy.jpg

I agree, it's good news - I might even buy another boxed copy and give my version to a friend.

And that was about The Witcher, not Left 4 Dead - in fact it could not have been about Left 4 Dead due to the use of Steam. :down:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

10$ more is the problem.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

10$ more is the problem.

I *know*.

If they at least added some community mods or something, it might be worthwhile. In its current state, this just feels like a cash-grabbing rip-off.

Hadescopy.jpg

Like a lot of breaking news, I feel this is not that important and blown completely out of proportion. If they can make more money by selling a good game to more people, power to them. It's not like you're being asked to buy it (again) or anything. It's your own choice.

We already have a L4D thread discussing the subject. But then, this didn't really have anything to do with L4D at all, did it? :thumbsup:

:x

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein