Just Cause 2

Just Cause 2 will be a sequel to a not-very-well-known open world third person action game Just Cause. The first didn't really stand out with a great story or gameplay, what it did have, however, was a very large world and the ability to hijack jet planes out of the air with your grappling hook. You also had a parachute that could also be used to paraglide behind cars with your grappling hook. In a word it was crazy fun.

Just Cause 2 should come out this fall and it looks even more crazy/awesome, as you can see in this 10 minute gameplay video.

Edited by Purkake

Ok, so it gets zero points for realism, but it sure looks like fun in a comic book action kind of way :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I enjoyed the demo of the original, but never picked it up.

It got boring after a while, but it was still fun to jack a helicopter and fly around the map, maybe drop out at some point and go ice some dudes. The final mission was also super crazy: you had to plant a C4 charge ON the bad guy as both of you were free falling out of a cargo plane.

Sounds fun.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The first game was a complete mess in every aspect, but this might be playable. But Avalanche has a pretty bad rep in the industry, so I wouldnt bet on it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The first game was a complete mess in every aspect, but this might be playable. But Avalanche has a pretty bad rep in the industry, so I wouldnt bet on it.

The gameplay video looks pretty solid. I mostly agree about Just Cause 1, though.

Just Cause 2 will be a sequel to a not-very-well-known open world third person action game Just Cause. The first didn't really stand out with a great story or gameplay, what it did have, however, was a very large world and the ability to hijack jet planes out of the air with your grappling hook. You also had a parachute that could also be used to paraglide behind cars with your grappling hook. In a word it was crazy fun.

Just Cause 2 should come out this fall and it looks even more crazy/awesome, as you can see in this 10 minute gameplay video.

I work with a couple of folks who worked on JC 1 + 2... Quiet Swedes, and that's all I have to say about that.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I work with a couple of folks who worked on JC 1 + 2... Quiet Swedes, and that's all I have to say about that.

Yeah, everyone Ive met from the dev team are really nice people. Their problem is probably with the management, who seem to take all the wrong turns and put their money on really horrible game ideas.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I find myself drawn to these open world/sandbox games, but I usually have trouble finishing them. At first, the prospect of exploring an open world sounds really fun, but I find that without a strong narrative to push the game forward, I usually end up doing a bunch of random stuff then getting bored.

It was pretty much this way with GTA3, Mercernaries 2 and of course Morrowind and Oblivion, among others.

On the other hand the base jumping and parachuting look incredibly fun and I like the over the top action so the demo definitely interests me.

Ugh... that reminds me. I should probably finish GTA 4 first before I waste time on another sandbox game.

This one's more of a "run around and do crazy stuff" than "go to point Z and get story mission". I recommend just checking out the parachute and grappling hook stuff, the story or combat aren't really good.

Ugh... that reminds me. I should probably finish GTA 4 first before I waste time on another sandbox game.

This one's more of a "run around and do crazy stuff" than "go to point Z and get story mission". I recommend just checking out the parachute and grappling hook stuff, the story or combat aren't really good.

Well if you say story and combat isn't good, then it's not worth checking it out at all.

Well if you say story and combat isn't good, then it's not worth checking it out at all.

It's not, but it's also the demo sou you probably wouldn't get any story there. If you are interested in how the stunt position, parachute and grappling hook stuff worked in the first game then try the demo, otherwise wait for Just Cause 2.

No, it won't. You'll just complain about the kiddy story and Dragonball graphics and then rant about how you're getting another PS3 for the next Metal Gear Stupid.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)