Just Cause 2

There are supposedly some ways to stop the timer, but I think 30 minute chunks of gameplay are just enough to have fun, but not long enough to get boring.

Some fun stuff to try: to ride the vertical gas canisters grapple the very top part, try stunt riding on vehicles and grappling passing vehicles to each other, the ground or even people. Also, you can grapple a car to a helicopter, get above something and then use F to drop the car on it.

Also, here's a list of cool things in the demo(the coordinates are in the upper left on the map screen):

X: 6438 Y: 24311 - BLACK SPORTSCAR (Sometimes with Minigun )

X: 7586 Y: 24333 - SPORTSCAR ( known from the VEHICLE STUNTS TRAILER )

X: 6555 Y: 25970 - The Plane

X: 8353 Y: 24554 - stunt ramps

X: 7105 Y:26022 - Stinger Dunebug 84 (inside poorly secured army base )

(Same Coordinates) - Maddox FVA 45 (A little NW of the above car, same base)

X: 5360 Y:25637 H62-Quapaw heli its on top of the mountain with radio antenna right by start point

X: 5351 Y: 23777 TANK from Desert Walkthrough (HEAVY BASE also some APC and ATTACK CHOPPER)

X:8432 Y:24104 very small water area

X - 6755 Y - 27241 -- Tractor

Edited by Purkake

Some fun stuff to try: to ride the vertical gas canisters grapple the very top part, try stunt riding on vehicles and grappling passing vehicles to each other, the ground or even people. Also, you can grapple a car to a helicopter, get above something and then use F to drop the car on it.

jackass1.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

tsk.. playing the demo, keep getting the Military Base north of the start point to the 95% mark.. but just can't find whatever it is that will push it over.. :shifty:

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Also, for the pc, does anyone else have weird shadow/darkness in the beginning cinematic?

Yes, everytime there's a cut-scene actually. I think it's some kind of filter that's not working properly. Perhaps they went for a "grainy movie" kind of filter effect, but on my Radeon 5870 it looks more like a graphical error.

Hey, since you've played it a couple times, wanted to ask what kind of frame rate you were getting on what rez and what your specs are. I just want to see if my pcs running it decent.

Hey, since you've played it a couple times, wanted to ask what kind of frame rate you were getting on what rez and what your specs are. I just want to see if my pcs running it decent.

I just checked: I'm getting 60-90 average fps, sometimes dipping down to 50-something and sometimes up in the hundreds. I have everything on max at 1920x1080, except I turned off motion blur since I think it looks better without it.

My rig is a Core i7 920 (@3.0 GHz), 6 GB 1600 MHz CL8 DDR3 RAM and a Radeon 5870 1 GB, running Windows 7 64 bit.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just checked: I'm getting 60-90 average fps, sometimes dipping down to 50-something and sometimes up in the hundreds. I have everything on max at 1920x1080, except I turned off motion blur since I think it looks better without it.

My rig is a Core i7 920 (@3.0 GHz), 6 GB 1600 MHz CL8 DDR3 RAM and a Radeon 5870 1 GB, running Windows 7 64 bit.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong then, I have an AMD Quad at 3.2, 8 GB Ram, and a Nvidia 275GTX and with everything at max, at 1920 X 1080, I'm getting between 20-30, which surprisingly seems fine when playing.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong then, I have an AMD Quad at 3.2, 8 GB Ram, and a Nvidia 275GTX and with everything at max, at 1920 X 1080, I'm getting between 20-30, which surprisingly seems fine when playing.

Well, since you're running Nvidia, you're getting two more graphics options than I do: Enhanced GPU Water effect and Enhanced Bokeh (background blur) filter. They are both rumoured to be very GPU intensive, even if there's no water nearby. Try turning those off and I'm sure you'll get higher framerates.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, since you're running Nvidia, you're getting two more graphics options than I do: Enhanced GPU Water effect and Enhanced Bokeh (background blur) filter. They are both rumoured to be very GPU intensive, even if there's no water nearby. Try turning those off and I'm sure you'll get higher framerates.

Very good to know, appreciate your help and info. When I slide the rez to 1600 X 900, I can get a constant over 30 FPS which is fine by me, but I'm definitely gonna check out those two options as well.

There's a new patch out that fixes some stuff and more importantly adds an option to expand the field of vision, getting rid of the console-style zoomed in feel. Just add "/fovfactor=2.0" to the launch options for the game in Steam, works like a charm.

Oh and climbing around on a helicopter while shooting a grenade launcher one handed at the occupants is awesome.

Edited by Purkake

Do you have a 64-bit operating system?

Also, there's a trainer to stop the timer and be able to attach an infinite number of super strong ropes for maximum fun.

Yeah, I have Windows 7 64 bit

Does anyone know, if I get a retail copy and then go on Steam and add a non steam game (which this would be right because it's a retail copy), would I still be able to get the achievements and get steamcloud?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing it when I have the time. It's freaking enormous, almost to the point of pissing me off. Found the Mile High Club yesterday, but missed it when jumping out of the heli to get there. It's definitely fun to play around with. One of the first things I did, was to reenact 9/11. I guess I'm a horrible human being and I'm going to hell.

I really, really wanted to give this a go but the Windows 7 requirement blocked that desire.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The only real complaint that some people have had is with the story, but from what I've seen the missions themselves are varied and super crazy.

Only played one mission, it was standard "go and kill these guys, but make sure these guys live"

I really, really wanted to give this a go but the Windows 7 requirement blocked that desire.

What's wrong with win 7? It's awesome!

One of the first things I did, was to reenact 9/11. I guess I'm a horrible human being and I'm going to hell.

Eh? A game released in 2010 still has the Twin Towers in it? Methinks its time to update the graphics. Does it also still have the Collosus of Rhodes in it? :p

Wasn't Twin Towers, just some random skyscraper. Dunno about Collosus, but it does have the island from Lost. And your plane crashes when you fly over it.