Games for windows live

I just got told about this for the first time. What is it? What kind of posterior damage will I take from Microsoft for partcipating, and is there any way to get my Fallout3 DLCs without it?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's the greatest affront I, as a gamer, had to endure all my life. (I was smart and avoided DRM)

It's point is to torture you with a shi- ,khm, crappy registration process just to play a single player game, to make you think "Eh, after all this effort I could just play multi and be done with this", so Microsoft doesn't have to waste money on single player modes.

I just got told about this for the first time. What is it? What kind of posterior damage will I take from Microsoft for partcipating, and is there any way to get my Fallout3 DLCs without it?

It's Windows attempt to get in on the DRM race. It mixes DRM with the Steam scheme in that it's got an overlay of the game that you can futz around like the steam chatting and friends system. Not very well put together.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

is there any way to get my Fallout3 DLCs without it?

Sure, buy it on disc in the store. I did. Two are already out; the others are coming this summer.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I finally bought Fallout 3 last night and I had no idea what it was as well. Then I tried to register, but It won't allow me to register with an email with a @verizon.net domain.

Now that I know what it is... That was a good thing I could not register.

Not legitmately, but this is what I did.

First I installed Live for WIndows. Got the Microsoft points and bought the DLCs.

I then disabled Live from my Fallout 3 install on my PC. I then downloaded FOMM. FOMM will detect Operation Anchorage and The Pitt and will give you the dialogue option to cart them to your install directory. Now this is the tricky part. You need to an Advanced Search for Broken Steel. Have thge search look in hidden folders. WIndows will detect it, then open the contained files. Cart them over to your install folder, placing the .bik files in the movie folder.

To disable Live from Fallout 3 and FOMM can be found at www.fallout3nexus.com.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Uh.. I installed Fallout 3, filled in my email, came up with a password and GfWL hasn't bothered me since. What's the big deal?

I actually think it's kind of nice how slick it is and how well it has worked for me.

Compare it to GTA4's Rockstar Social Club! That was horrible!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think it combines achievements and gamerscore with XBL as well.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg