Witcher enhanced edition bis

ramza

Roflmao, this is beyond ridiculous!

The Witcher Version 1.5 Coming Soon!

CD Projekt RED is pleased to announce the upcoming release of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5!

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5 is the newest version of the game, including all bonus content from The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and five additional fan-made adventures. Most importantly, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5 is completely DRM-free! Playing The Witcher will be even more fun without any form of annoying copy protection. Moreover, the 1.5 version of The Witcher will remove the disc check, allowing you to play the game without the DVD in the drive.

All available versions of the game will be upgraded to 1.5, including the forthcoming The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Roflmao, this is beyond ridiculous!

The Witcher Version 1.5 Coming Soon!

CD Projekt RED is pleased to announce the upcoming release of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5!

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5 is the newest version of the game, including all bonus content from The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and five additional fan-made adventures. Most importantly, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5 is completely DRM-free! Playing The Witcher will be even more fun without any form of annoying copy protection. Moreover, the 1.5 version of The Witcher will remove the disc check, allowing you to play the game without the DVD in the drive.

All available versions of the game will be upgraded to 1.5, including the forthcoming The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yeah, not seeing what's ridiculous about this. They're issuing a free patch and bundling some fan made adventures, pretty good support from the developers. Some of the comments on the codex don't make sense, talking about the 'hype' for this - it's a fricking newspost, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They could have just sticked to the original Enhanced Edition. Do we really need this? The patch updates can be downloaded anytime from the official site and the modules are not anything official (they can thus be ignored).

We have been waiting for a sequel for some time now, and all they have been doing is milking the same game again and again.

Common, this is just a patch and a few fan-made modules (which could be crappy by the way). Does this justify a re-release? Certainly not. I admit that the original EE did add to the game but this thing is just worthless and not even worth the hype (yes, they are hyping this as a something new, but it isn't anything extraordinary). As some people have stated on the Codex thread, the company may be doing this just to avoid seeing the game fall in the bargain bin.

I find this whole commercial move to be ridiculous, and it is time they move on to a new project. Most of the people interested in RPGs have already bought or played the game, so I don't think this new version will have any significant impact on the company's sales. The Witcher is reaching its end cycle and it's time for a sequel...

Edited by ramza

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I already bought both the regular and the EE. Not buying a third.

It does seem a bit like they are trying to make a living by repackaging the same game over and over again. :/

SOmething new plz.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

They could have just sticked to the original Enhanced Edition. Do we really need this? The patch updates can be downloaded anytime from the official site and the modules are not anything official (they can thus be ignored).

We have been waiting for a sequel for some time now, and all they have been doing is milking the same game again and again.

Common, this is just a patch and a few fan-made modules (which could be crappy by the way). Does this justify a re-release? Certainly not. I admit that the original EE did add to the game but this thing is just worthless and not even worth the hype (yes, they are hyping this as a something new, but it isn't anything extraordinary). As some people have stated on the Codex thread, the company may be doing this just to avoid seeing the game fall in the bargain bin.

I find this whole commercial move to be ridiculous, and it is time they move on to a new project. Most of the people interested in RPGs have already bought or played the game, so I don't think this new version will have any significant impact on the company's sales. The Witcher is reaching its end cycle and it's time for a sequel...

I have Original, and missed the Enhanced Edition, so I will be buying it for sure... If you dont like it, no one is gonna force you to buy it, just download the patch... But i'm enjoying the news!!!

Edited by Mamoulian War

It does seem a bit like they are trying to make a living by repackaging the same game over and over again. :/

SOmething new plz.

I'll add my voice to this: why did you buy the EE? It was a free upgrade, just like this one.

This is not a rerelease. It's a large patch + popular fan mods. For free.

You are sitting at your computer, b****ing at a company for patching their game and including some extra content.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

You *bought* the Enhanced Edition? Why?

Also, as far as I'm concerned, no patch that removes DRM is a waste of time.

Guilty of that as well. But i bought it mainly for the extra goodies.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah, not seeing what's ridiculous about this. They're issuing a free patch and bundling some fan made adventures, pretty good support from the developers. Some of the comments on the codex don't make sense, talking about the 'hype' for this - it's a fricking newspost, heh.

Witcher is one of the games I've wanted to play but haven't gotten around to. This is a nice move for me.

I bought the EE in the first place and probably wouldn't have bought the game otherwise. I think the EE served to keep it on my radar long after I'd decided not to buy the game. The fact that they released something new gave new life to the product and I ended up buying it. I bought it off of STEAM, so no DVD anyhow.

I think the point for the company is that this is really their only viable product at the moment. One of the threads around here talks about how the publisher cancelled the Witcher port to consoles. It looks like they don't have the funds to develop a sequel. This might be their last hurrah. If it is, then I don't begrudge them either trying to save their financial situation or to provide one last bit of support. I'm sure it's not an altruistic gesture, but it can still work out well for the fans, especially if they provide it free for folks who currently own a copy of the game.

You *bought* the Enhanced Edition? Why?

I like the game a lot; I hadn't bought any games for a while; there were no games in the immediate future that I was going to buy, so I bought it.

If other games at the time had been competing for my money, then I most likely would not have purchased the EE.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

SOmething new plz.

I'll add my voice to this: why did you buy the EE? It was a free upgrade, just like this one.

You are sitting at your computer, b****ing at a company for patching their game and including some extra content.

But, it IS a re-release with a small bunch of insignificant things added to the package. The addition of the latest patch and of fan-made mods does not make this a new game not does it change the previous version in a significant way (compared to what the EE did to the original game)... So, this is a lousy re-release no matter how you see it... I am not stating an opinion, it's just a fact...

Also, popular does not necessarily mean that they are good. Besides, I would rather prefer playing official stuff from the company than some lousy modules.

I never bought the original game but did buy for the EE for all its goodies. I will certainly not buy the newest version as it doesn't add much (the game is very playable even without patching). Their commercial move might be interesting for all those who haven't bought the game yet, but there aren't that many people left since the RPG genre is a niche one with a relatively small crowd, and RPGamers usually get their hands on popular games just as soon as they get released.

IMO, there is no merit in this version and it isn't worth the hype as it doesn't give us anything new (from the company, since it isn't them who made the mods)...

So, this is a lousy re-release no matter how you see it... I am not stating an opinion, it's just a fact...

Wrong... you are stating your opinion, not a fact. Poor Ramza, somebody gives something away for free and you get all upset. Why? It's not like it is something that could have taken a lot of resources away from CD Project RED. Removing the DRM is a nice touch :verymad:

Besides, they are the only company that repackage and rerelease older titles.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It would be cool if more companies did that. Take one of their games that is a year or two old, patch it up, remove the drm, maybe toss in a few extras, and rerelease it at a slightly lower price point than a new game. It gets the game back in the public eye in a nice new packahe and is bound to move a few copies.

It would be cool if more companies did that. Take one of their games that is a year or two old, patch it up, remove the drm, maybe toss in a few extras, and rerelease it at a slightly lower price point than a new game. It gets the game back in the public eye in a nice new packahe and is bound to move a few copies.

Glad we have EA, they are doing it already with all their sports series, except the lower price and removing DRM :p

But yeah if other companies would make waht you suggest i would be happy panda... i missed some nice games in the past, and they are no longer for purchase...

But, it IS a re-release with a small bunch of insignificant things added to the package.

This. is. NOT. a. re-release.

Why do I say this? Because you can't buy it. It's not going to be in stores. You download it from a website for free. Just like, you know, a patch. Which is what it is.

Now, there will be a re-release called Witcher: Director

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

So, this is a lousy re-release no matter how you see it... I am not stating an opinion, it's just a fact...

Wrong... you are stating your opinion, not a fact. Poor Ramza, somebody gives something away for free and you get all upset. Why? It's not like it is something that could have taken a lot of resources away from CD Project RED. Removing the DRM is a nice touch :p

I am not getting upset. I just don't like it when developers are selling their hype for something that is basically the same product that has already been released before. The mods are not even their creation! It's ridiculous to include them in a new package and then say "see, we made something new!" It's as if they treated us like mindless consumers that would go buy every edition they would try to sell as "new and different". It is no better than the milking EA and other companies do to their franchises. Yes, it was a nice move from CDP with the first EE, but they are now overdoing it. The worst thing is that people are buying all this hype...

That context won’t be available via download unlike the EE stuff was.

Really?! If so I'll buy it just as a "**** you" to the people who demanded the censored version. :p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Where's all this hype though ? CDP made an announcement for a product they're putting out, not like they're pushing TV ads and so on.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guest PoziomyPion
I just don't like it when developers are selling their hype

Have you seen any adverts for that?Trailers?Me neither. There is only a news post on their website.

The mods are not even their creation! It's ridiculous to include them in a new package and then say "see, we made something new!

They clearly stated those are fan-made mods.

It is no better than the milking EA and other companies

Crap, have you even read what Maria Caliban wrote?

You don't have to pay for this to actually own it!

And besides the DC is only for NA, for reasons stated by Maria.

Konami released Silent Hill 2 some time ago, then released it in Greatest Hits/Platinum series. Then they released Director's Cut witch included cut content. Nobody was bitching then and it wasn't really diffrent than what happens with The Witcher now.