What are you playing now?

Gorth

The badges are still useful :)

Not the 10-man runs, they drop Badges of Heroism, of which I have over 150 gathering dust as there is nothing to spend them on thats better then what I already have. :)

TBH, I was pretty surprised by the Naxx loot. Its only slightly better then the stuff that drops in 5-man heroics (which I already have).

"Hey look! A protection from fire scroll!"

"Great, one whole scroll. Who get's to use it?"

*all six party members look at each other*

:)

but if you have a level cap in place, you'll be hitting it pretty soon.
I removed it.
But if you've tried everything else...
I have I have finished this game about 5 times with a wide variety of characters and party combination's. Time for something new.
But the really awesome detail about this dungeon is the fact that there's absolutely no good reason to clear it unless you absolutely, positively need every XP point in the game.
It's the first place where you can get a fireball spell, no wait check that, I know there is one hidden in some trees somewhere but I forgot where it was. Edited by Kelverin

It's the first place where you can get a fireball spell, no wait check that, I know there is one hidden in some trees somewhere but I forgot where it was.

And I thought I was hardcore...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Not the 10-man runs, they drop Badges of Heroism, of which I have over 150 gathering dust as there is nothing to spend them on thats better then what I already have. :)

TBH, I was pretty surprised by the Naxx loot. Its only slightly better then the stuff that drops in 5-man heroics (which I already have).

Only slightly better than the purple drops from the heroics, but with a few exceptions, quite a bit better than the blues IMO. The biggies I find are weapons though (especially as a rogue). Much better than the heroics/crafted ones IMO. Getting the Tier pieces is usually quite handy too.

You can turn your badges into gold at least, but making orbs and gems out of them.

Naxx 10 loot and most heroic Epics are item level 200. Meaning they have the same item budget as eachother, it's just how it's utilized. Honestly if you're in heroic gear, you could EASILY do 25 man stuff. Be a little harder but not too tough.

Of course if you really wanted to annoy other raiders in your guild, you could just spend 10k ish gold (assuming you have that much) and pick up the ulduar plan gear.

the badges will be more useful after 3.2 hits.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Getting the Tier pieces is usually quite handy too.

Yeah, I lost the roll on the T7 shoulder.

Naxx 10 loot and most heroic Epics are item level 200. Meaning they have the same item budget as eachother, it's just how it's utilized. Honestly if you're in heroic gear, you could EASILY do 25 man stuff. Be a little harder but not too tough.

Probably. I just wanted to familiarize myself with the bosses before I signed up for 25-man.

Of course if you really wanted to annoy other raiders in your guild, you could just spend 10k ish gold (assuming you have that much) and pick up the ulduar plan gear.

Im not above buying gear and 10k is no problem at all. I already bought myself the Ulduar bracers for 1800g. I catch myself buying stuff just because I have more gold then good sense. Mounts, Dalaran Intellect, etc... lol.

I hope so. Im looking forward to the new Argent Tournament stuff too.

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this (I think there was a screenshot thread somewhere?) but I'm playing both AoC and WAR right now. Not seriously, but messing around in both games. As well as LOTRO and a bit of WoW. But AoC has really captured my attention because of how gorgeous it is.

The gameplay itself leaves a little to be desired, but graphics are just stunning.

Getting the Tier pieces is usually quite handy too.

Yeah, I lost the roll on the T7 shoulder.

Probably. I just wanted to familiarize myself with the bosses before I signed up for 25-man.

Im not above buying gear and 10k is no problem at all. I already bought myself the Ulduar bracers for 1800g. I catch myself buying stuff just because I have more gold then good sense. Mounts, Dalaran Intellect, etc... lol.

I hope so. Im looking forward to the new Argent Tournament stuff too.

Well, after 3.2 you're gonna be able to earn Ulduar badges in 5 mans (in an attempt to get people to run 5 mans again).

The ulduar crafted gear is currently Best in Slot for all the classes it's for. The biggest drain on your bank will be getting the runed orbs for it however (on my server they run at around 700-1k gold a pop)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I finished Max Payne 2 earlier. Depressing, but quite impressive. Yeah, I can see where the style might not be for everyone. However, within that style, it was absolutely splendid. The voice acting was excellent, which is a rare thing in my experience. The graphics still look good to me some years after release. The Music was wonderful and fit the game perfectly. The story was damned depressing, but that was also good. It's a nice dark game for introspection. Balance it out with Farmville on Facebook and you've got a fun time that doesn't make you feel like adding holes to the back of your head with a shotgun.

I finished Max Payne 2 earlier. Depressing, but quite impressive. Yeah, I can see where the style might not be for everyone. However, within that style, it was absolutely splendid. The voice acting was excellent, which is a rare thing in my experience. The graphics still look good to me some years after release. The Music was wonderful and fit the game perfectly. The story was damned depressing, but that was also good. It's a nice dark game for introspection. Balance it out with Farmville on Facebook and you've got a fun time that doesn't make you feel like adding holes to the back of your head with a shotgun.

If you play through it again on the hardest difficulty

Mona lives :lol:

Mona lives :)

Iirc

she doesn't die even on lower difficulties, just disappears

I'll have to do that, bhlaab. I guess it's like Painkiller. No saves on hardest difficulty probably. *grrr*

No, Oner, you're thinking of the first one. In 2,

she definitely dies.

I guess I'm playing Max Payne 2 again. Luckily, I thought it was an awesome game.

she definitely dies.

Oh, my bad then.

Not bad at all. In fact, that made me think that I could probably play through the harder settings to see something different in 1. I liked it, but not enough to grind through twice more. 2 I liked well enough to do that.

Mona lives :)

Iirc

she doesn't die even on lower difficulties, just disappears

I'll have to do that, bhlaab. I guess it's like Painkiller. No saves on hardest difficulty probably. *grrr*

she definitely dies.

I guess I'm playing Max Payne 2 again. Luckily, I thought it was an awesome game.

You're not missing much, just a slightly different ending comic

Mount and Blade arrived today, so I'll be checking that out. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for Street Fighter 4 to arrive.

The interesting thing about Mount and Blade is that it's the first RPG I play in years, of which I know so little. My knowledge of the game is that RPG geeks on web forums say it's good,and that there is horseback fighting in it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm getting my Infinity Engine binge ready to go. My Baldur's Gate CD's are all scratched to hell and they don't seem to like copying over half the area files (AREA3000-5500) so I have to copy over the 25 or so areas manually. Setting up BG Trilogy and various mods can be pretty time consuming, but totally worth it. I hope to have a copy of Icewind Dale 1+2 in my hands by the time I finish playing through BG1+2+ToB.

Still playing Ever 17.

After 2 weeks the story finally starts making sense. My brain is spent.

Finally finished. It was ..wonderful. Simply wonderful. My patience and brain worked overtime (earn your happy ending indeed), but finally got the true ending, which was very satisfying (except for the poor Kid). To tell the truth, by the end the game became so great, I'm sorry it ended, and wouldn't mind it going on. The art (mainly the CG Events) are beautiful, as is the music (think Deus Ex, Unreal and Final Fantasy -ish).

As I said in the picture thread, it's a japanese visual novel (choose your own adventure books with voice over and music), with a very complex (comes close to the Legacy of Kain series) and compelling plot, which, while explained in the end, still teases you to figure out just what the hell is going on.

The main plot is this: at the beginning you choose one of two characters: Takeshi, an idiot, or Kid, a young boy with amnesia. These two and several other people get trapped in an underwater theme park, where they are trying to survive until help arrives, while some of them chase after their own agendas. And afterwards dealing with the problems presented by the repercussions of the accident. The characters are complex, and presented as simple humans with virtues and flaws (Takeshi for instance, tells crappy jokes, doesn't think stuff through, but is determined to help everyone who needs it).

I honestly suggest it to anyone who likes good plots and/or great atmosphere.

I've been playing Mass Effect again, and ironically its a lot better when you skip all the dialogue and lower the difficulty. Blasting through enemies is fun.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"