What are you playing now?

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Going shopping today. If I can find Dead Space, I'll be playing that, if not, I'll continue my current game of STALKER - Clear Sky :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Going shopping today. If I can find Dead Space, I'll be playing that, if not, I'll continue my current game of STALKER - Clear Sky :closed:

Bought Dead Space during my lunch break. I'll probably play that one instead of getting sleep tonight. I'll blame Maria Caliban for posting the trailer.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've been thinking of buying that one since it shipped, bro. Let us know what you think. I haven't had a lot of time to play anything lately. I guess I've played Witcher more than anything since I finished Alice. Even that not much. I'll get through Chapter 4 pretty soon, I reckon.

I've been thinking of buying that one since it shipped, bro. Let us know what you think. I haven't had a lot of time to play anything lately. I guess I've played Witcher more than anything since I finished Alice. Even that not much. I'll get through Chapter 4 pretty soon, I reckon.

I'll share first impressions after tonight (it's only mid-afternoon here now) :closed:

Final Fantasy Origins

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Sins of a Solar Empire. I've always liked 4X games, so I'd give this one a whirl, it's fun - not as much as Space Empires IV though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'll share first impressions after tonight (it's only mid-afternoon here now) :o

I want to know too!

If you love it, remember I posted the trailer.

If you hate it, blame Nick_I_Am.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'll share first impressions after tonight (it's only mid-afternoon here now) :o

I want to know too!

If you love it, remember I posted the trailer.

If you hate it, blame Nick_I_Am.

For Aristes and You... :grin:

I got to install it and play for 30-45 minutes so far. Observations:

Tech stuff: Comes on a single DVD, simple install, enter Key along the way, it supposedly phones home and does online activation, but since I'd suspended my Kaspersky for the install, I never even noticed it. It got some sound and visual configuration options. I picked a lowish resolution (1600x1200) but set everything else on high. Sound configuration was a bummer. Stereo or 5.1, but the 5.1 didn't use my rear speakers, only the 3 front and 2 side speakers. I have to fiddle around a bit with my control panel and see if I can redirect the sound from that game to the front and rear speakers. Visually, it runs as smooth as election year lies :)

Oddity:

On the settings and menu screens, your mouse pointer seems to suffer from some weird physics, like being constantly affected by inertia. You start moving it from right to left and it accellerates, but it doesn't stop right away when you stop your mouse movement :)

Gameplay:

I picked easy difficulty without knowing what the difference is in the various settings. I didn't really want to play the game for its twitch factor.

Negative first.

Save Points ('nuff said) :x

Perspective is confounding. It isn't really third person perspective, as the camera is sort of floating *beside* you, having Isaac (i.e. You) blocking your view and giving you a blind angle on the left hand side of the screen. Makes for an odd feeling when rotating left and right. Might take a while to get used to, if ever. Enemies spawn rather predictably in places where no enemy should be, but I suppose that is sort of standard fare for the genre. The 3D map takes a bit to get used to, but I think it is rather neat and will probably get used to it with a bit of practise (unlike the player perspective). No pause when accessing quest list, map nor inventory =]

Positive stuff.

The story is interesting enough so far. Has a distinct "Event Horison" vibe to it (which is a good thing in my book). You try to peek around corners and you listen for the tell tale noise that reveals incoming trouble.

I've only got a simple ranged weapon so far, but it does its job sufficiently well. Plenty of ammo so far, but I suspect it might change later when the game (presumably) picks up in difficulty. This is after all the beginning. Spotting collectibles and things you need to interact with has been painless so far. Voice acting has been good, but then I've only met 2.5 characters so far (two fellow crew members and "Nicole" who plays messages on my screen).

Overall:

Good stuff so far, despite the few negatives. Still way too early to evaluate the story and the overall pacing through the game (i've only met two different kinds of creepy crawlies, although they do seem to pick up in number if not in variety at the beginning). You do get that feeling of being trapped in a hostile environment and the vulnerability that comes from not having any safe places. Disclaimer: I am not a seasoned Survival Horror player :)

Unfortunately, that was all I could get time for tonight. Time to catch some Z's. I'll add an update on impressions once I've gotten some hours into the game.

Has Clear sky had enough patches to not be quite so crash prone.

It was fine for me. Less buggy by far than FO3.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Fallout 3. I decided to use Charon as my tag along because I heard people saying how good he is in combat. And he is good it just made me nervous when he had the Fatman equip on him. And my fears were justified later when he decided to use it in close quarters blowing us all up. Gotta love that AI in games. I took that away from him and left it back at my pad.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

And my fears were justified later when he decided to use it in close quarters blowing us all up. Gotta love that AI in games. I took that away from him and left it back at my pad.

:p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I bought Fallout 3 last night. God... the writing is so unbelievably awful. I'm still inside the Vault. Hopefully some things will get better once I get outside.

I did like the look of the Vault. That was actually pretty good.

Do you play many video games? Because I'd say the writing is right at the industry standard. That's not a compliment, but I'm just surprised it bothers you so much.

I bought Fallout 3 last night. God... the writing is so unbelievably awful. I'm still inside the Vault. Hopefully some things will get better once I get outside.

I did like the look of the Vault. That was actually pretty good.

Do you play many video games? Because I'd say the writing is right at the industry standard. That's not a compliment, but I'm just surprised it bothers you so much.

For a crpg, I'd say the writing is pretty poor. Even some shooters like Far Cry 2 are better in that department, though the amount of writing is certainly less.

The voice acting is also pretty bad. It's possible that the writing in FO3 would seem less bad if I just read it silently to myself rather than hearing somebody read it for me poorly. Otoh, most of the response dialouge lines are terible so maybe not.

More on voice acting: Generally speaking, I think voice acting does more to hurt games than to help them. It's to bad that VA is considered a pretty standard in many game genres these days.

Not to mention that it vastly limits the amount of dialouge that can be in a game, if full VA is required.

Also. yeah, Jae plays a lot of video games. A n00b he ain't.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Fallout 3. I decided to use Charon as my tag along because I heard people saying how good he is in combat. And he is good it just made me nervous when he had the Fatman equip on him. And my fears were justified later when he decided to use it in close quarters blowing us all up. Gotta love that AI in games. I took that away from him and left it back at my pad.

lol. Letting an npc companion carry a fatman? That is a remarkable lack of good judgement right there.

It makes Ian and his SMG bursts to the back seem like nothing.

The male running animation in FO3 is terrible. I made a male character recently but deleted him after seeing how he runs in third person. Not to mention, it's quite impossible to create a male character face that doesn't look completely retarded.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The male running animation in FO3 is terrible. I made a male character recently but deleted him after seeing how he runs in third person. Not to mention, it's quite impossible to create a male character face that doesn't look completely retarded.

I had a hard time and was using all female pcs for a while for just this reason. But I tried the Hispanic male faces and found they looked pretty good with only a minimum of alteration. The coloration is much better: they don't have that yellow OMG liver problems look to them. They look better in game tham they do in the character window.

I have to put the rough beard on all the male pcs though. Without that, I think all the male faces look too weak.

Edited by CrashGirl

lol. Letting an npc companion carry a fatman? That is a remarkable lack of good judgement right there.

It makes Ian and his SMG bursts to the back seem like nothing.

Yes. Never ever let NPCs carry weapons that do mast amounts of destruction like rocket launchers, mini guns and flamers.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester