Black Screen Problem - Help

Hi, I am having the "black screen" problem. I am at a point in the game where I am revisiting Dxun to meet up with the Jedi Master in Orderon. As soon as I land, if I try to exit the Ebon Hawk, I select my party, and then my screen goes black without seeing a load screen. It's not a crash though since I can still move the mouse and if I click Alt-F4 the game asks me if I'm sure I want to exit. I can travel anywhere else and get off fine, this just happens when I have to go to Dxun, which is the next main part of the story for me.

I have read everywhere I can and haven't found a solution that fits me yet, I could really use some help.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/3/2009, 12:32:45

Machine name: MIGUEL-PC

Operating System: Windows Vista

Hi, I am having the "black screen" problem. I am at a point in the game where I am revisiting Dxun to meet up with the Jedi Master in Orderon. As soon as I land, if I try to exit the Ebon Hawk, I select my party, and then my screen goes black without seeing a load screen. It's not a crash though since I can still move the mouse and if I click Alt-F4 the game asks me if I'm sure I want to exit. I can travel anywhere else and get off fine, this just happens when I have to go to Dxun, which is the next main part of the story for me.

I have read everywhere I can and haven't found a solution that fits me yet, I could really use some help.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/3/2009, 12:32:45

Machine name: MIGUEL-PC

Operating System: Windows Vista

What video card/graphics unit is your PC using? How old/new is it.

It could be either of these problems (or more, I don't pretend to be an expert on such things, I try to help though)

1. Drivers may not be up to date

2. Your game may be corrupted.

I doubt that the problem however is with hardware and/or drivers since you said that this is the only part of the game that it happens to you with. That means that everywhere else you go you get no graphics problems right? If that's the case then I am pretty confident that it is your game that has something wrong with it. I would re-install. (You can always make copies of your save games.) If that doesn't work, you can try re-installing and starting a new game and going to Dxun first to see if it happens. If it still does I have no idea what the issue is.

Try messing with your games graphics settings as well. Perhaps Dxun has something on it textures/graphics wise that makes your PC freak out. Turn your settings all the way to low while you are here, run w/ the minimal most graphical settings.

Hope you resolve this issue.

I have a NVIDIA 8800 GTX with the latest drivers. I have tried reinstalling the game, loading a much earlier saved game, messed with all the settings possible, tried registry fixes, and ran the game in compatibility mode. I really don't know what to do now.

I had gone to Dxun already, this is my second time there, after i get a message from the Jedi to go back now that things have settled down there. :closed: this sucks

giving up with this. going to throw out the stupid game.

I'm not sure if this will help, I had a similar problem in KOTOR 1 on kyashhk,(however it's spelt) though it was after I had my visions of the star map and the conversation with bastilla. Basically I'd travel to the new planet, land and then the screen would go black, but I could hear the music playing. What I had to do was, in the auto launcher was open the configuration and disable my sound and videos.(I think it was a sound issue but try both anyhow). Maybe it'll work. If it does, then you can save once you get off, quit and change your sound settings back on and play from there.

Hope it works.