E3 developer walkthrough video

Is my assumption that the game speed has been increased correct? The game looks too fast for me like this, but maybe that's just because I'm not playing it while pumped with adrenalin.

Also, love that cute little ninja icon. :D

The game looks better than in previous gameplay videos and I dont mean simply the "graphiczx", but also the animations, that seem more fluid, especially the hand to hand combat. The player character also seems to have more weight to his movement, maybe this is just because he's moving slowly though.

The aiming works like an improved version of Deus Ex and Vampire: Bloodlines aiming. It's important to me to get that crosshair as small as it can, it really gives you the idea that the shot is gonna have greater accuracy. One of the problems with Bloodlines was that no matter how proficient you got with weapons, the crosshair never got that small, and your shots looked like they were going to miss, even if they weren't!

The perk selection screen is functional, but I hope you can change through them quickly without having to go to that screen all the time. I like it that the perks are obtained like gameplay achievements, and not something that you select at will during character creation and levellup.

Also, the music in the background sounds really good, both during the stealth sequences and the fast paced action.

Dragonblade of the Obsidian Order

No sleep for the Watcher

One of the problems with Bloodlines was that no matter how proficient you got with weapons, the crosshair never got that small, and your shots looked like they were going to miss, even if they weren't!

Rectangle size in Bloodlines depended on the weapon you were using as well. Desert Eagle did allow you to shoot with pinpoint accuracy.

20795.jpg

This looked a lot better than the other gameplay video posted (with Matthew Rorie talking over it). Definetely feels like this is more the way the game is supposed to be played. Not flailing around like a moron. I still think some of the movement looks a bit wonky, and the camera seems to screw up every now and then, but this looked a lot more fun. I just pray, pray, pray that the game will be hard enough.

The little "mini-choice" is cool, and I hope even small things like that get back to the player in a meaningful way.

I also liked how the aiming works.

Bad things: MINIGAMES NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Minigames looks fun, the combat looks like it has tons of options, I'm loving the dialogue system and think that the limited respone time works really well for this game + the fact that you seem to have to make some pretty major decisions really often!

But there is one thing that really needs some polishin. The camera. Obz should really focus on it (and polishing the animations too but the camera is more important). There's alot of time till the release, so I hope most of the bad aspects (there's not much of them anyway) are gonna be fixed >_<

CAN'T WAIT!!! :D

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!

The graphics look great and I really look forward to playing it :D

One thing I did notice, though, was that the GUI seems to have been changed slightly - aesthetically. The xbox prompt buttons now look slightly different and I noticed in the hands-on interview/demo thingy that a similar change seems to have been made in conversation as well. I don't really know why the changed it. I would have been happy with this one ( http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/7947...d=39p7og6utfbr7 )

I have to say, though, the graphics do look brilliant and I do look forward to it.

If at first you don't succeed, don't try Russian Roulette...

Do I look like a reasonable man, or a peppermint nightmare?

I like. The level seems nice and big. The magic stealth ability is a bit gamey, but as long as (1) the duration is kept relatively short and (2) it doesn't work on enemies who already know where you are, I don't find it objectionable.

The biggest thing that bugged me (aside from demo-dude's silly facial hair): Is the AI seriously dumb enough to walk in front of a speeding train because they thought they heard something?

Edited by Enoch

Mike was using a sound distraction device that was supposed to lure the enemy onto the train tracks.

Though yeah, the enemies could respond better to the source of the distraction instead of running around like a headless chicken. Like for instance bending down to investigate the sound with a closer look.

I really hope the AI will at least e able to avoid trains. I hear AI scripting is often the last step in development though, so I still have my mind open.

Nitpick: For noise makers whatever happened to simple low tech alternatives to a gadget, like tossing a coin or a small rock?

Mike was using a sound distraction device that was supposed to lure the enemy onto the train tracks.

Though yeah, the enemies could respond better to the source of the distraction instead of running around like a headless chicken. Like for instance bending down to investigate the sound with a closer look.

Not to mention that they apparently heard the sound generator but did not hear a incoming train. ;)

The biggest thing that bugged me (aside from demo-dude's silly facial hair): Is the AI seriously dumb enough to walk in front of a speeding train because they thought they heard something?

No ****. The train stunt was just plain stupid. At this point, the AI is the thing I'm most concerned about, specially since it will have an impact on game difficulty. The AI looked very static in the previous gameplay vid too. I don't want this game to be easy. Please make it hard!

Otherwise, AP looks quite nice and fun. The present video reminds me a lot of Vampire: Bloodlines. Remember, there was that mission at that warehouse you needed to blow up? Got flashback's of that mission as I was watching the video.

Edited by Gorth
Circumventing language filter

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I like the aiming system, gameplay looks fun. Don't like minigames. AI could be problematic.

The camera went nuts in hth combat, which I hope gets fixed.

Looks like it will be difficult to control with a keyboard-- pretty much every game with a cover system is.

i enjoyed it!

mind you, gameplay will definetly change according to your (Mike's) skill. better at guns smaller reticle, etc etc..

so this gameplay vid is just glimpses :teehee:

the dev also said if you "max" martial arts there will be more combos available.. so yeah, it got me hyped up :woot:

kudos, obsidian!

AI's a major concern for me as well. I don't think I've been completely convinced by the AI in any of the videos so far (except for, perhaps, the second walkthrough video, where the problems were less noticeable...but I still think the convo GUI was nicer back then :teehee: )

If at first you don't succeed, don't try Russian Roulette...

Do I look like a reasonable man, or a peppermint nightmare?

Now that I've seen combat for the first time, I wonder if the "hit points" system is the correct way to go in modern spy game. Mike takes shotgun blast point plank range and then some nasty hits but is not even slowed. Later he just about empty his silenced pistol clip on some grunt and then he has to melee him down. It just look silly compared to Splinter Cell or even Bloodlines system.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

In previous AP videos invulnerability was turned on. Its possible that it was the same for this demo.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Actually Mike is eventually injured.

Notice the grey cubes above his health bar in the beginning of the gameplay? Those appears to be armor points which gradually gets reduced until it begin to chew Mike's HP down.