KOTOR MMO new trailer

ramza

http://kotaku.com/5274800/old-republic-gets-new-trailer

Nice cinematics but it doesn't give us any clue about the gameplay...

Too bad it's a mmorpg, since I would definitely love to play this as a single player rpg... :p

They should consider making a single-player spin-off...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

http://kotaku.com/5274800/old-republic-gets-new-trailer

Nice cinematics but it doesn't give us any clue about the gameplay...

Didn't you see the bounty hunter class? And uh, they have lightsabers. And it's DAAAARK!!!!!!!!!! Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Darth Malak / Darth Vador clone...

Bioware is very creative, as usual...

Maybe they should turn this into an animated series instead of a game... lol

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Darth Malak / Darth Vador clone...

What do you mean "clone?" I'm pretty sure it's Malak

Didn't he, you know, die? I'd like to call him faux-Vader.

Maybe losing your chin is a common when using the Dark Side?

Edited by Purkake

That is why the Dark SIde is jaw dropping excitement.

As for the trailer... *yawn*

CG trailers don't particularly excite me. Now gameplay footage would, but CG does not. In any case it is still a MMO and MMOs deserve to be ignored.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Hey guys, can we start a couple more threads where people complain about MMO's? It's really a fantastic read, it never gets tiresome to hear the same people complain about the same genre ad nausea um.

Tyte trailer, too bad the game will be nothing like that.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hey guys, can we start a couple more threads where people complain about MMO's? It's really a fantastic read, it never gets tiresome to hear the same people complain about the same genre ad nausea um.

That's a pretty silly post to make considering that before it I recall only one person complaining about it being an MMO (Visceris, as usual) and everybody else going "wow" and "it's tyte". :blink:

Edit: Oh, I see, ramza complimented the game while complaining it was an MMO as he'd prefer singleplayer. Well then, that's 1 person and 1 troll - certainly enough to validate your moan!

I'm more interested in the individual class story arcs that seem to be a main feature. I think I remember hearing in the story and setting trailer that one of these story arcs will have the content of one single player RPG. This sounds interesting and I'm curious to see how this is pulled off. Obviously they can't make a unique story for every single player so will we have every bounty hunter experience mostly the same thing or will there be heavy randomization of events for each character? How does WoW handle this? I understand that the story is continually being told through the game.

As for the trailer it was cool, but I'm kinda tired of seeing the Jedi decimated again. It seems like they're always in the process of being annihilated. It serves as a good backdrop for the game and the inevitable player conflict I guess. Still wish they made a Kotor 3 but if the game is good I will definitely try it for my Star Wars fix.

Yeah they did say that. I suspect there's a Bounty Hunter story, and a Republic Soldier story, and so forth.

While they may branch out a bit, I still feel it'll be the same story options for everyone of a particular class.

I'm more interested in the individual class story arcs that seem to be a main feature. I think I remember hearing in the story and setting trailer that one of these story arcs will have the content of one single player RPG. This sounds interesting and I'm curious to see how this is pulled off. Obviously they can't make a unique story for every single player so will we have every bounty hunter experience mostly the same thing or will there be heavy randomization of events for each character? How does WoW handle this? I understand that the story is continually being told through the game.

This is done fairly successfully in LotR Online. There is simply a ton of different story arcs. You have specific class storylines. For example, as a captain I helped Boromir prepare for his departure from Rivendell, and then I got to see them off. The developers use single player instances in order to accomplish this. There are also rooms and areas that I can only enter at certain points,s o I won't run into Boromir again after I already helped him leave Rivendell.

Then you have the epic questlines, which are as well written and engaging as many single player RPG's I've played.

I think the whole story complaints about MMO's are overstated. It's very possible to create an engaging storyline in an MMO, I heard Wrath of the Lich King was a fantastic experience in that regard.

But whatever the story is, if you don't like the gameplay mechanics of MMO's, you aren't going to be happy with KotOR Online.