AP Should be on G4 sometime today...

Guest PoziomyPion

I think the game looked great on that gameplay video, even tough the running animations were not as good as, let's say Tomb Raider Underworld or Assassins Creed, they were still decent(In my opinion ofcourse).

And I can't help but notice how much better this game looks since I learned about it about 1 or 2 years ago from a gaming magazine.

Games are meant to be played, not watched. IF you're not actually playing the game, you not experiencing it the way it will be intended.

Its easy to be hyper-critical in that instance, of things that you will never even notice once you start playing.

Screenshots are especially bad for a game, because no one plays a game as a bunch of frozen moments.

Most of the comments on this thread fall into that category,

Don't agree. First of all, videos give a good impression of the animations ,second, feedback is important for the developers as a reference of what people like or don't like. And as it has been said before, criticism here is constructive, not discouraging.

Now, back on topic: I just watched the G4 Hands on and the Walkthrough video from the other thread. Looks really cool, especially because in those two vids we see the different play stiles (combat vs. stealth). I love the way, the target reticule narrows in slowly when you try to archive a critical hit.

But what people said here is true. The animations are way too fast. That really takes realism out of the game. I hope this will be polished until release. Other than that, it looks pretty much like I expected it. In other words, it's gonna be my personal gaming highlight of the year.

Don't agree. First of all, videos give a good impression of the animations ,second, feedback is important for the developers as a reference of what people like or don't like. And as it has been said before, criticism here is constructive, not discouraging.

Now, back on topic: I just watched the G4 Hands on and the Walkthrough video from the other thread. Looks really cool, especially because in those two vids we see the different play stiles (combat vs. stealth). I love the way, the target reticule narrows in slowly when you try to archive a critical hit.

But what people said here is true. The animations are way too fast. That really takes realism out of the game. I hope this will be polished until release. Other than that, it looks pretty much like I expected it. In other words, it's gonna be my personal gaming highlight of the year.

Agree with you 100%. This game may be trully stellar if Obz manages to polish the animations and the camera during those remaining months prior the release. Everything else looks fantastic and I think the DSS and the consequences of choices made by the player will be AP's selling points. Plus, the almighty MCA is responsible for the plot = quality guaranteed.

Edited by Sharen the Exile

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!