Baldurs Gate 3

kotm86

"NWN2 was so much better than NWN1 it wasn't funny."

No. The OCs were about equal. Overall, NWN absloutely CRUSHES NWN2.

" Mask of the Betrayer absolutely rules."

This is true. But, SOZ is extremely SOZZY and one of the worst games EVAR!

"KotOR 2 > KotOR 1

NWN2 > NWN1"

Nope.

"Baldur's Gate was fantastic less for its main plot, and more for the characterisations along the way. Even some incidental characters had a real feel to them."

BG is BIo's weakest RPG when it comes to 'characterization'.

Obsidian is a solid company, and I've only hated one of their games so far; but they aren't at BIO's level yet. Then again, that's largely because their games thus far have been nothing but games that BIO has thrown in the trash. of coruse, BIo are now trash pickers since they have gone back to KOTOR. R00fles!

AP looks too much like a ME wannabe. It'll probably be okayish, though. Aliens had so much more potential despite being based on an overrated IP (good movies but as good as some think they are). And, if their FO game is way too influenced by Bethesda, it's in trouble as FO3 was horrid.

Can't wait until they make the game that puts them into legendary status. MOTB could have been that but it's just an expansion.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I disagree.

KotOR 2 > KotOR 1

NWN2 > NWN1

Alpha Protocol will be better than Mass Effect.

NWN2 was so much better than NWN1 it wasn't funny. Mask of the Betrayer absolutely rules.

Baldur's Gate was fantastic less for its main plot, and more for the characterisations along the way. Even some incidental characters had a real feel to them.

"NWN2 was so much better than NWN1 it wasn't funny."

No. The OCs were about equal. Overall, NWN absloutely CRUSHES NWN2.

" Mask of the Betrayer absolutely rules."

This is true. But, SOZ is extremely SOZZY and one of the worst games EVAR!

"KotOR 2 > KotOR 1

NWN2 > NWN1"

Nope.

"Baldur's Gate was fantastic less for its main plot, and more for the characterisations along the way. Even some incidental characters had a real feel to them."

Can't wait until they make the game that puts them into legendary status. MOTB could have been that but it's just an expansion.

I would say:

KOTOR >> KOTOR 2

BUT

NWN 2 >>> NWN

AND

MOTB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NWN 2

I like both BioWare and Obsidian. In fact, they are the only two companies I truly trust to make first-class CRPGs.

heh Volo always makes me chuckle

trying to say the NWN1 OC was actually anything other than a complete pile of **** :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

"I like both BioWare and Obsidian. In fact, they are the only two companies I truly trust to make first-class CRPGs."

Agreed.

"trying to say the NWN1 OC was actually anything other than a complete pile of ****"

NWN1 OC was good enough to warrant two expansions, and a sequel. The claim that NW1 OC is a 'complete pile of STARS' is just not based on reality - espicially on a baord dedicated to the company responsible for SOZZY SOZ.

NWN1 OC was good enough to warrant two expansions, and a sequel.

Popular ≠ good :lol:

many things gets sequels/expansions - doesn't make them any good though.

a lot of the time it just means it's seen as a good moneymaker and therefore gets milked as much as possible

and i think part of the reason NWN was so popular was because of the toolkit and the ease for people to create their own mods etc

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

MOTB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NWN 2

Maybe if the story wouldn't fall flat on its face near the end. Both games fizzle out too quickly in the third act too.

NWN1 OC did better than NWN2 OC with three fully fleshed out acts, and a fourth 'endgame' act.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

"Popular ≠ good "

Maybe not. But, your opinion doesn't make a game good or bad either.

"many things gets sequels/expansions - doesn't make them any good though."

Good for those who continue to support those products. Minority isn't always right either.

"

a lot of the time it just means it's seen as a good moneymaker and therefore gets milked as much as possible"

The question isn't that soemthing is a money maker; but why it is a money maker. It's obviously NWN was good for more people than not. One's personal opinion is pretty irrelevant. I LOATHE FO3 but obviously it has its many fans that it is good to. That's all that matters. My opinion means NOTHING.

"and i think part of the reason NWN was so popular was because of the toolkit and the ease for people to create their own mods etc"

Very small part. Very, very, very small part.

Each to their own tastes and speculations on the whys and wherefores. The input is appreciated, but it seems like we have drifted from the original topic into familiar territory ;)

:closed:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein