French plane lost over the atlantic

Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yay, just the kind of stuff frequent flyers needs to read :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I noticed that too. My reaction was torn between mystary andsatisfaction that at least someone might get to use those water landing features.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They're LOST.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

They're LOST.

*Groan!*

Bad kitty :cat:

I must admit that I was speculating a bit on how far away from the Bermuda triangle it is/was.

My sincere condolences to those who may have relatives on board that plane.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It does seem very harsh. In particular, the way Air France are blaming the Brazilian air traffic control.

EDIT: I just reread the article. I'm talking rot. The BBC implied it, not Air France.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Strange how there was no message or anything, did they actually fly straigth through a storm?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No need to worry, I just stole the plane for japes. The French will have it back sometime next week when I get tired of prodding the fat people on board with sticks.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Debris possibly from Air France plane found

Jun 2, 8:46 AM (ET)

By MARCO SIBAJA

BRASILIA, Brazil (AP) - Brazil's Air Force says it has found airplane seats and other debris floating in the Atlantic Ocean along the path that a missing Air France jet was flying.

Air Force spokesman Jorge Amaral says the seats were spotted by search planes early Tuesday morning but that authorities cannot immediately confirm they were from the plane.

Also spotted were small white pieces of debris, material that may be metallic and signs of oil and kerosene, which is used as jet fuel.

The debris was found about 390 miles (650 kilometers) northeast of the Brazilian archipelago of Fernando de Noronha.

The plane disappeared with 228 people aboard.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) - Brazilian media are reporting that search planes may have spotted some signs of debris from the Air France jetliner missing in the Atlantic Ocean. But the air force isn't immediately confirming the reports.

Brazil's Globo TV quoted a ham radio operator who reported hearing air force radio traffic that debris possibly from the plane had been spotted about 700 kilometers (435 miles)north of the Brazilian archipelago of Fernando de Noronha.

And the Web site of the Folha de S. Paulo newspaper says air force radar has detected signs of oil and metal in the same area.

An air force spokesman says authorities cannot immediately confirm the reports. He spoke on condition of anonymity, in keeping with department policy.

They found the wreckage. :)

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN0352999720090603

I'm not flying Quantas anymore (OK so I last flew when I was 4 but) since this plane was the same model as Quantas planes and crashed for likely the same reason two Quantas planes have undergone inexplicable mid-air plummets recently (nobody died, many were injured).

Basically it seems as though the 'subconscious autopilot' (always on, not overridable, kicks in by default during certain emergencies) malfunctions sometimes by getting confused into thinking there's an emergency when there's not, going into a dive. If this malfunction happens during an actual emergency (e.g. a lightning strike as in the Brazil-France flight), it basically tears the plane apart.

I hope they fix this **** soon, but without knowing the exact details it will be hard. And the exact details are on the black box and flight recorders. And apparently those will be as hard to find and recovery as the Titanic. Even if they do recover them, it may not help much - the two Quantas planes were intact but still gave few clues.

Edited by Krezack

They found the wreckage. :)

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN0352999720090603

I'm not flying Quantas anymore (OK so I last flew when I was 4 but) since this plane was the same model as Quantas planes and crashed for likely the same reason two Quantas planes have undergone inexplicable mid-air plummets recently (nobody died, many were injured).

Basically it seems as though the 'subconscious autopilot' (always on, not overridable, kicks in by default during certain emergencies) malfunctions sometimes by getting confused into thinking there's an emergency when there's not, going into a dive. If this malfunction happens during an actual emergency (e.g. a lightning strike as in the Brazil-France flight), it basically tears the plane apart.

I hope they fix this **** soon, but without knowing the exact details it will be hard. And the exact details are on the black box and flight recorders. And apparently those will be as hard to find and recovery as the Titanic. Even if they do recover them, it may not help much - the two Quantas planes were intact but still gave few clues.

Awww, great. I was planning to travel to Japan this autumn, with the very same plane model of course. Suddenly, the transsiberian trainroute + boat sounds more appealing :(

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy