Obsidz needs a Russian translator

Hurrrr

In the newly released E3 2009 trailer for Obsidian Entertainment's new RPG, Alpha Protocol, a distinct sign with words in Russian can be seen in the background in one of the scenes.

"In case of fire,

Kill steal,

F*ck geese

Wait for the response signal."

F*ck geese? Seriously? Obsidian, you have some explaining to do. A little bit of digging reveals homage to a strange new Russian meme. My friend and translator, Ausir, suggests that Obsidian may have simply did a Google Image Search for "Russian Fire Warning" and came up with the image.

Thanks to Ausir, sp3tsnaz and Oleg for the wonderful translation.

Hurrrr
In the newly released E3 2009 trailer for Obsidian Entertainment's new RPG, Alpha Protocol, a distinct sign with words in Russian can be seen in the background in one of the scenes.

"In case of fire,

Kill steal,

F*ck geese

Wait for the response signal."

F*ck geese? Seriously? Obsidian, you have some explaining to do. A little bit of digging reveals homage to a strange new Russian meme. My friend and translator, Ausir, suggests that Obsidian may have simply did a Google Image Search for "Russian Fire Warning" and came up with the image.

Thanks to Ausir, sp3tsnaz and Oleg for the wonderful translation.

I don't get it. I thought all fire warning signs read like that?

The trailer turned into an awesome viral video for all the post-Soviet gamers who understand Russian. It travels over the Runet insanely fast. Actually I have discovered an Alpha Protocol site, and therefore, this forum, cause of my curiosity about that fire warning. Is it an Obsidian PR trick?

IN CASE OF FIRE

LAUNCH LINGVO

HIRE A TRANSLATOR

WAIT FOR THE RESPONSE ALARM

(I would be glad to offer my services as a translator if you might be interested :lol: ).