Cool video game trailers

We have a tendency to be a tad critical on this board, so I thought it would be interesting to focus on the positive.

Video game trailers. There are some interesting, funny, and moving trailers out there. Not to mention those trailers that make you think OMG, I want that game!

For instance, the E3 2008

trailer set to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star is scarier than the last two Alien movies.

Then there's the 'Breathe Me' trailer for the latest

. It shows off the cool moves of the game while showing its lyrical nature.

I also like this

trailer, though as I understand it, GoW is not a mellow and melancholy game.

For something light hearted, how about the Meet the Team movies, Valve created for the launch of Team Fortress 2?

I remember how awesome I thought Mirror

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Guest PoziomyPion
WMG removed audio for the Underworld trailer. Which I find strange.

And now it's back. o.O

Don't worry it's only me. I edited my post (linking to a working trailer)when I noticed that 1st Underworld's trailer I posted didn't have audio :shifty:

Edited by PoziomyPion

For instance, the E3 2008

trailer set to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star is scarier than the last two Alien movies.

For something light hearted, how about the Meet the Team movies, Valve created for the launch of Team Fortress 2?

That Dead Space trailer was creepy indeed. I might have to investigate that game a bit more. I remember seeing it on the shelf at EB Games. Maybe I should just pick it up :)

I haven't heard about that Team Fortress game, but the videos were hilarious :shifty:

I don't know why I never got into those point and click adventure games. Maybe it is time to realise that the era of text adventures is indeed past its prime :ninja:

Does The Longest Journey run on Vista 64 bit?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tomb Raider Underworld - it uses "Gorecki" by Lamb, it actually made me buy the game.
This would be the only reason for me to ever buy a Tomb Raider game. Great music choice indeed :ninja:

The new trailers for Dragon Age however... :shifty: they totally miss everything there is to miss with those. They want to market it as a game for a mature target audience -> Show LOTS of graphically appallingly bad executed BLOOD! -> Use a sarcastic Marilyn Manson song (This is the new ****) in a censored version! Yay! Who they do actually target with this is people too stupid to get Manson's lyrics while still liking his music and not getting the irony of an M rated game using censored songs (-> underage) and who don't mind their games look dated (-> CRPG fans) and buy them because of the blood (-> Postal players). That's like three people on earth. Their marketing people should be fired.

Beyond Good And Evil 2

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

The

trailer isn't too shabby either (not sure how to link to the HD version) :shifty:

Sometimes you wish they would just make a full length feature CGI movies with that stuff.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Video game trailers. There are some interesting, funny, and moving trailers out there. Not to mention those trailers that make you think OMG, I want that game!

The Warhammer Online trailer isn't too shabby either (not sure how to link to the HD version)

The first part is hilarious :shifty: "Launch" and then "Splash" :)

The thread would not be complete without the third God Hand trailer.

... wish I was a console player :ninja:

What's the point of this thread? Why posting old trailers of already released games?

1) I never said they had to be for games that were already released.

2) What's the point of a thread talking about games that haven't been released yet? 20 pages of speculation and guessing about BioShock 2, FO: NV, and Dragon Age 2 isn't inherently more 'pointful' than linking to trailers.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I always liked this one

from WIC. It's also an in-game cutscene.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Alpha Protocol (rendered)

It's not bad ;) Not my kind of game, but I like the illustration of choices.

You should have posted the one with Ms. Wolff, that got some real traction in the AP forum.

However much I'm a fan of Ms. Wolff (man, even her name's great), the trailer is just much better than that dev diary. Also, this is about trailers here :(
EDIT: Yay, we're avatar buddies!
Yay ;)

Linking trailers to yet released games makes sense, because of the anticipation. But releasing trailers to games that we already played to death is kinda...pointless?

Except when someone looks at a trailer and thinks "Hey, I didn't know this one but it looks pretty sweet, I should check it out."

Say what you will about the game, but The Thing had an awesome trailer.

This trailer for Terminator Salvation made me want to get it on launch day, but I'm glad I held off and read the reviews.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/launch-t...salvation/49389

Hah, we could do a whole section on awesome trailers for ****ty games. Though, I actually liked The Thing.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat