Fallout 3 stuff

Is there anyway to give NPCS better gear? I'm trying to give the caravan guard betters armor, but I'm not having much luck. I tried to do a pickpocket and put some armor in rather than take something out, but they got all hostile and started shooting me. Which wasn't in the plan.

ALso, if you give NPCS stimpacks will they use them?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'm trying to minimize mod usage as much as possible and just use in-game systems.

The absence of a "give" option for NPC interaction is a glaring oversight, imo.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

This is a bit off topic, but if you haven't done so I highly recommend downloading the music from Fallout 1 & 2 in MP3 format and adding it to the Fallout 3 music folders.

I have F3 on both PC and 360 and the music is the thing I miss most about the PC version. I'd stick to PC but I have to turn the gfx down and far worse, game crashes every 15-30 minutes which is hell in a game that takes 105 hours to complete. Unlike Oblivion, I can actually play Fallout 3 without mods and enjoy it.

Is there anyway to give NPCS better gear? I'm trying to give the caravan guard betters armor, but I'm not having much luck. I tried to do a pickpocket and put some armor in rather than take something out, but they got all hostile and started shooting me. Which wasn't in the plan.

ALso, if you give NPCS stimpacks will they use them?

They will use stimpacks.

Reverse pickpocketing is the only in game way I know of, except for using the console commands to give them equipment or make them essential (on PC). There are several mods. Using something like FOMM to manage mods makes them easy to manage load order and toggle on/off. I would suggest using mods.

If you have Broken Steel, chances are that the caravan merchants, left to their own devices, will get killed by Enclave patrols, and it's not uncommon to find them dead from normal mobs.

I was looking through a bunch of mods. First time I've really done so. I found some mods that sets the caravans to Essential but that's not really what I want to do.

I would really just like something that allows me to give npcs stuff they will use. Like combat armor, stimpacks, chems and minguns and flamers. Many of the npcs in the game are woefully unequipped to stay alive as the gameworld levels around them

I was looking through a bunch of mods. First time I've really done so. I found some mods that sets the caravans to Essential but that's not really what I want to do.

I would really just like something that allows me to give npcs stuff they will use. Like combat armor, stimpacks, chems and minguns and flamers. Many of the npcs in the game are woefully unequipped to stay alive as the gameworld levels around them

I believe the Groovatron (mod) allows you to change gear of NPCs, and maybe add items/weapons too. Been a while since I toyed with it. Main function, though, is making NPCs dance in a variety of styles.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.