New Dragon Age trailer on gametrailers.com (spoilers)

Warning

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

There's a new trailer for Dragon Age: Origins up at gametrailers.com

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-dr...94#comments_top

It is showing a Grey Warden saying things like 'in peace, vigilance, in war victory'

Watching this trailer made me feel sad :) for some reasons. It seems that the Grey Wardens now is being touted or heralded as some sort of elite military unit like the elite troops in any country's military i.e. the US Nav

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Eew, blud.

The trailer was miles better than the previous one. Well, until they started to play some s**t again at 1:10 or so. However, it isn't exactly inspiring to play a chosen one of a group of chosen ones, a.k.a. the Grey Wardens, the empires only hope, when we have had this previously:

- An elite Spectre, best of the best, galaxy's only hope.

- An elite Martial Arts student, and a chosen one to boot by the great strategist of the empire.

- An elite Jedi, and a chosen one for the fate of the galaxy.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I barely know anything about DA lore so I have no idea what Gray Wardens should be. Their whole idea of organization feel bit daft. Maybe I'm missing something but once they were many of 'em and now, because lack of darkspawns, there's barely any of 'em. Why would anyone join 'em ? It's like joining Papal States army nowadays.

Let more recent organizations and nations handle Darkspawn Liberation Army :)

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

. Or even David Eddings.

Hey! I loved David Eddings.

When I was 12.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

ABC08~ABC-Cat-peering-through-cheese-Posters.jpg

Even the spy-cat says cheese

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If their objective with these trailers is to appeal to the Baldur's Gate crowd then I don't think anything could possibly fail as hard as these trailers.

Which gives me hope that maybe Obsidian will give us a real Baldur's Gate sequel some day. Bioware obviously isn't able to do that anymore. They're now too rad and **** and stuff.

Arch-dragon/demon thing.

Kind of a 2 for 1 sorta deal, I guess. Like a peanut butter cup. Except with teeth and horns.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"If their objective with these trailers is to appeal to the Baldur's Gate crowd then I don't think anything could possibly fail as hard as these trailers."

Good thing these action based trailers arne't trying for the BG crowd. They don't need to pitch DA to the BG crowd because they already have the BG crowd's money. *shrug*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If their objective with these trailers is to appeal to the Baldur's Gate crowd then I don't think anything could possibly fail as hard as these trailers.

Yes because they are so trying to appeal to that very small crowd(which 90% of them will buy anyway). Not the 30 mil xbots, 20 mil PS3 fanboys, and the unknown millions of other PC gamers.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif