E3 CGI trailer

Awesome, but only if there are so many options for the rest of the game, or if the smoke grenade in the air ducts is a trick that can be used any time, for example.

Last line of the trailer was... cheap.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Seeing this trailer on my HDTV was nice.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Wednesday Evening 6:00 PM - 9:00 AM

* 1UP@E3: Alpha Protocol in-booth demo and preview

* 1UP@E3: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 in-booth demo and preview

* 1UP@E3: Singularity in-booth demo

* 1UP@E3: Halo 3: ODST in-booth demo and preview

* 1UP@E3: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time in-booth demo

* DJ Hero preview

* Mafia II preview

* Scribblenauts preview

* Split/Second preview

* A Boy and his Blob preview

* Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine preview

* Homefront preview

* Listen UP

1UP E3 Calendar

I hope they will remove such things in final version. It makes game look cheap and doesn't add immersiveness

maybe its just some kind of easter egg

btw only russians can notice that thing. Who cares about us? :(

Jokes in Italian, Russian, Chinese and Arabic would be great, but I'd prefer them to be actual jokes, not random streams of consciousness.

20795.jpg

Everyone was wowed by this trailer. And I mean EVERYONE! Hell, my dead grandmother got up from her grave and said 'that's a cool game, grandson' and then walked right back in. That's how badass it was. Then there were the trolls: 'I lost all hope as soon as I saw the Sega logo', because you weren't drooling over Bayonetta or Empire Total War, you hypocrite!

Lol at the sign! As for it being 'unprofessional', easter eggs have existed in video games since the 80s. If there's one thing video games are good at is not taking themselves seriously. It would be more out of character for it NOT to have a single easter egg. Bakdur's Gate I, Icewind Dale II, Warcraft II and III, they all had funny tidbits in them and now I can really see how that hurt the franchises! :S

No offense really, but I hardly think that this will make or break the game, it's just there and it's fine if you like it, but it's also fine if you don't.

And, yes, ME2's trailer sucked big time. Did they have a contest where everyone tried to make a trailer as corny and cliche as possible? I basically liked the DragonAge: Origins trailer, yes, the one with the Marilyn Manson song in it, a whole lot more than ME2's trailer.

Okay, wow. That's the first piece of AP media that really nailed everything for me - nothing to cringe at or feel uneasy about. Of course the CGI trailer doesn't reflect the gameplay / in-game graphics, but for me the trailer shows Obsidian have the feel and style down. This one was great from start to finish - pacing, dialogue, camera angles, plot, etc. And you probably do get the range of options shown in the trailer (if not the exact same ones), I'm not worried on Obsid shortchanging us on C&C for this one.

Now that I've firmly established that I'm apparently off my rocker, I'm going to admit that I wasn't particularly impressed.

I'm thinking this is because I'm cynical about the use of CGI for game trailers and cutscenes. IMO, in-engine footage from today's games typically looks better or at least more consistent with the rest of the game and better demonstrates the tech. When a developer uses CGI for either trailers or cutscenes, it basically says to me that they are trying to hide the actual game for whatever reason.

I can definitely see where your coming from but because its more of a trailer I can understand why CG was used. I mean they want you to feel like you can be the main character in a spy movie. With that in mind CG is definitely the way to to make that happen.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud