MMOs

Do you play MMOs?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play MMOs?

• I'm playing one currently
    • I have in the past but don't anymore.
    • I haven't but plan to.
    • I haven't and don't plan to.

Guildwars on and off for a year or so. It wasn't that good, I just got used to it. Going on a long difficult mission and prevailing through cooperation, I would deem that one of the highlights. Of course 9/10 of the time you were straddled with angry brats.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Played far too many really, WoW, WAR, EVE. Glad to say I'm MMOG free!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Played Ultima Online when it first came out.

Played Asheron's Call for 4 or so years. Loved that game.

Played WoW for a few months, then got bored with it.

There really has not been any MMOG (to date) that appeals to me, so I currently don't play any.

I reactivated my WoW account earlier this month, only to cancel it again three weeks later :) I can't dedicate myself to MMOs anymore, I'm just sick of them. Sad that I didn't decide this before I bought WotLK.

But as it may be, my MMO experience:

Everquest 1 (played to lvl 5, lol)

Everquest 2 (played the trial, it sucked)

Everquest Online Adventures (the PS2 version, played to lvl 20 shadowknight)

Final Fantasy XI (got to lvl 30, goldsellers ran the economy, hard to make gil without buying using IRL $)

Lineage II (Private servers with ridiculously enhanced rates)

World of Warcraft (played to lvl 70. IRL friends quit playing after high school, not much fun after wards.)

Guild Wars (boring)

Auto Assault (beta tester, twisted metal in an MMO format, minus the fun.)

Edited by Syraxis

I wanted to see what all the MMO fuss was about so I bought AoC because the setting seemed more interesting than the other ones out there.. It wasn't really that great - my problems with MMOs are all that grinding for XP.. Leveling is the least important thing for me, so seeing an entire game molded around that kinda puts me off.

Fortune favors the bald.

Hmm. The preliminary results are not what I was expecting. MMOs don't seem to have sticking power.

Is that really surprising? WoW is mostly played by bored housewives and "gamers" who play only that. We are the hardcore ADD crowd here.

Hmm. The preliminary results are not what I was expecting. MMOs don't seem to have sticking power.

Is that really surprising? WoW is mostly played by bored housewives and "gamers" who play only that. We are the hardcore ADD crowd here.

sniff, sniff... i play a wide range of video games, not just WoW, i also play PnP RPGs as well, :teehee:

Edited by Atom523

Because the Obsidian board has a large and diverse set of posters. Those 11.6 million people who play World of Warcraft are all flash in the pan and have been for five years now.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Because the Obsidian board has a large and diverse set of posters. Those 11.6 million people who play World of Warcraft are all flash in the pan and have been for five years now.

We're all special!

I play most of the ones that come out. I usually find one to stick with over a longer period. Usually I play for a couple months, take a break for a year, then give it another try to see if it has improved and what the new content is. Because of this I'm usually playing one or two at all times.

But I don't play like many of the people I know in MMO's. I play a few hours a week, rather than playing every night an every weekend. I know a few people who put in 50-60 hours a week. That seems too much like a second job to me.

Guild Wars: I play off-and-on although there are more "offs" than "ons."

World of Warcraft: I tried it for a month and decided that my initial thoughts were correct - it's not worth the monthly fee.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I don't pay to play. Spending $50 on a game is bad enough but getting ripped off on monthly fees to play it online, they can keep it. I'll stick with the freebies like Guild Wars.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I played guild wars for over 100 hours.

same as diablo 2

thats the extent of my online rpg gaming

wow looked stupid, you had to buy the game, and then pay a monthly fee to play it? who the hell thought that was a good idea should be given a few dozen raises because apparently 12 million people thought it was brilliant.

I was raised among the age of gaming where you buy the game and then can play it all you want without a goddamn nanny making you cough up more cash just to play.

retarded bull is what that is.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.