Wreckers

I meant to bring this up last week, and I think I mentioned it in WoT.

I'm new to playing online. I've only really played Company of heroes and Red Orchestra. CoH is pretty free of a-holes. But Red Orchestra surprised my n00b ass off. People keep spawning in, shooting up their own side and buggering off. Or one guy logged in, and left his voice mike transmitting commercial radio making the whole game lag. This was suprising enough. But it turns out it happens ALL THE TIME. I mean, who are these people? How many are there? Where do they live? Can we kill them?

I suppose the neo-nazis were inevitable in a game based on WW2, but it really freaked me out. I don't want to to congratulate a nazi on any level. Fools.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

that's the reasons why i never play on public servers :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I mean, who are these people?

Morons, idiots, retards, True Noobs, people with a humanity score of 2, an IQ of 12, 10-40 years olds (under 10 they're only annoying if they loose), social rejects, and probably a whole lot more.

How many are there?

Anonymus is legion.

Where do they live?

Among us, disguised as ordinary people, but if you have a keen mind, you can recognise them easily.

Can we kill them?

Well, fire solves a lot of problems.

I'm surprised that happened in RO. Generally speaking, there's fewer idiots in that type game. Can't say I've really had the problem, since most servers I've played just boot out team-killers.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'm surprised that happened in RO. Generally speaking, there's fewer idiots in that type game. Can't say I've really had the problem, since most servers I've played just boot out team-killers.

Yep, there are good servers and bad servers, really. In the Battlefield games, I felt it was pretty rare to run across total lamers. But then again, I was usually hiding on a crane somewhere picking off folks.

In shooters it's all by ping for practical reasons, that means it's up in the air who you play with, so these things are to be expected.

It's much more desirable to have a lobby where one can attempt to balance the teams beforehand to make things interesting, if once comes across people there who can't carry on a normal discussion that's a good indicator they are not someone you would want in your game. In any case it's nice to have a kick vote option to get rid of repeat offenders.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

FWIW, Call of Duty 4 is one of the more impressive multiplayer titles available, and the multiplayer experience and unlock features make for some crazy just-one-more-round gameplay sessions. Plus, the matches are short enough to not really encourage griefing in my experience. Plenty of servers have teamkill off, as well.

If you haven't tried it, I recommend it.

Matthew Rorie

I thought you were going to join a guild or something, Wals? As long as you don't join Napolean's band of crazies, I think that will help because you should have a dedicated server. Otherwise, just get to be friendly with a clan that has a good server with public time available for open gaming. I know a lot of clans open up servers for folks most of the time to give their own people a stable place to practice outside of the group. At least they did some years ago when I did stuff like that.

myg0t 4-evar y'all!! :teehee:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "