Opera issue

Decided to try Opera 9.64 or whatever the latest version is. Installs fine.

I fiddle with some of the basic Preferences like turning off sound notifications and the 'wand' and some of the javascript allowances etc. I notice it seemed to import my Firefox bookmarks even tho I didn't ask it to.

I enter any URL in the address bar, hit Enter and it gives me a blank page/nothing, as if I never tried to surf the web at all. I hit "Reload" and it gives me either nothing or a white page that says something like "URL moved, it's now here (click link)." I click link (or refresh again) and the page loads.

Happens every single time I hit any URL...like once I get this forum to finally load in browser, the process starts all over for every single link-click. Obviously not acceptable. I don't have ANY "blocked content", since I just installed it.

????

Edit: I see via Google that some people have Opera issues w/firewalls. We use a hardware (not software) firewall...Firefox/IE have never had a problem with it, but could that be it?

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Uh. Weird. Opera has always worked fine for me.

BTW, download the new version, Opera 10. Perhaps that'll fix whatever the problem is.

Edit: If you've set up a proxy on Firefox/IE then you need to do the same for Opera. But if that were the problem you'd be getting time-out errors, not blank pages. Still, check it.

Edited by Krezack